The Verge hasn't covered anything about today, but that wont stop them from being the most poisonous, pretentious hipster knobs on the web.

Dan Sceifert(The Verge)..ladies and gentleman!-img_20140729_141404.png

Posted via CB10
    johnm137 likes this.
    07-29-14 04:17 PM
    No need to be mad or retaliation. Just carry on with life. It's how media works. Drive the down further into the ground and uplift and praise the "winners". If you're a tech blogger and you don't love Apple or Android, you won't gain an audience.

If and when BBRY make a huge turn around, almost every hater will become a lover. Just let things play out.

Posted via CB10
    Nemzy likes this.
    07-29-14 04:35 PM
    Some people will always hate on BlackBerry.
    sin-co likes this.
    07-29-14 04:42 PM
    How do I read this?
    Is Dan the one that post "Fat, weird" or "they will sell three"?

Every time I try to read twitter, my reading level goes down by like 10.
    rflan7 likes this.
    07-29-14 04:43 PM
    No need to be mad or retaliation. Just carry on with life. It's how media works. Drive the down further into the ground and uplift and praise the "winners". If you're a tech blogger and you don't love Apple or Android, you won't gain an audience.
    But then, such members of the media should not represent themselves as neutral/fair/ambivalent? Winners or losers, you wouldn't see such a comment out of serious, credible journalists/tech media personalities like the aforementioned Roger Cheng or Tim Stevens, I'll tell you that.
    Shadowyugi and lift like this.
    07-29-14 04:44 PM
    Why aren't we using pitchforks and torches against Cheng?
    07-29-14 04:45 PM
    Cheng is reporting his experience off of an existing device that he got to test/use. What is Seifert trolling off of?
    Clanked likes this.
    07-29-14 04:46 PM
    Oh Dan again. SMH.

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.1.3253
    07-29-14 04:48 PM
    How do I read this?
    Is Dan the one that post "Fat, weird" or "they will sell three"?

Every time I try to read twitter, my reading level goes down by like 10.
    Cheng wrote the article on CNET and shared it to Twitter (hence the "via CNET").

Dan replied to Cheng's tweet with "they will sell three?"

Posted via CB10
    mvpcrossxover likes this.
    07-29-14 04:51 PM
    Dan and the rest of the mobile section at The Verge are pathetic. They represent the worst type of people on the web... poisonous, pretentious, ignorant, flagrant, asinine hipsters. The only blackberry guy who for some bizarre reason likes that site is JT on N4BB.....that guy slurps that site hard....which is sad.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 04:54 PM
    Cheng's opinion seems to match what's been expressed here on CrackBerry.
    07-29-14 04:54 PM
    I normally defend some stuff like BGR, but why do you guys care what the verge says? It's seriously considered just about bottom of the barrel tech blog trash. Never mind this tweet, the site and content are horrendous as it is. There are literally articles on there dismissing some stuff as "the most useful, yet the most ugly so we'll use other things"

The entirety of that site is abhorrent and bereft of any meaningful content whatsoever.
    07-29-14 05:02 PM
    I normally defend some stuff like BGR, but why do you guys care what the verge says? It's seriously considered just about bottom of the barrel tech blog trash. Never mind this tweet, the site and content are horrendous as it is. There are literally articles on there dismissing some stuff as "the most useful, yet the most ugly so we'll use other things"

The entirety of that site is abhorrent and bereft of any meaningful content whatsoever.
    Oh I don't disagree, but I thought id share the kinda bs the people from their do.

Everyone knows The Verge is junk...the only redeeming person from the site was Josh and he left the sinking ship while he could.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 05:07 PM
    The Verge hasn't covered anything about today, but that wont stop them from being the most poisonous, pretentious hipster knobs on the web.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140729_141404.png 
Views:	1595 
Size:	409.1 KB 
ID:	287686

Posted via CB10
    Fat and weird? Is he describing himself?
    07-29-14 05:13 PM
    Dan and the rest of the mobile section at The Verge are pathetic. They represent the worst type of people on the web... poisonous, pretentious, ignorant, flagrant, asinine hipsters. The only blackberry guy who for some bizarre reason likes that site is JT on N4BB.....that guy slurps that site hard....which is sad.

Posted via CB10
    Verge, Cnet etc. are all bought out by big players like Apple and Samsung. Blackberry has no chance there. They will keep writing garbage about Blackberry. I think Crackberry and other Blackberry fan sites should take some initiative to expose these folks and their biases and damage their credibility. No one will believe in them if their credibility is damaged, primarily on the premises that they are biased. Most people who like Blackberry and are looking to buy one come to Crackberry for information. May be a fast check Crackberry is needed to counter this badmouthing about Blackberry.
    07-29-14 05:22 PM
    The only thing that ever intrigued me about The Verge is its meaning in French...
    and when i once read that a guy was the head of the verge i couldn't help thinking of another word (di..head), at least they got the name right after all.
    gebco and NaijaBerry like this.
    07-29-14 05:23 PM
    Who cares? It is his opinion. Move on.
    acovey, TgeekB and TGR1 like this.
    07-29-14 05:30 PM
    Who cares? It is his opinion. Move on.
    There is no opinion here....its just a pretentious a-hole being an a-hole.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 05:36 PM
    I will be one of the three, thanks

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 05:37 PM
    There is no opinion here....its just a pretentious a-hole being an a-hole.

Posted via CB10
    Yes there is an opinion, and if you read between the lines he is saying the device will not sell well. Yes, he said it in a snarky way, but who cares (obviously you care about the opinion of this tech blogger, or you wouldn't of bothered to comment)? Move on and let him be the "poisonous, pretentious hipster knob" that you think he is.
    TGR1, Witmen, JeepBB and 1 others like this.
    07-29-14 05:43 PM
    I actually believe that this opinion will be the more prevalent one among the general consumer market. Good thing the Passport isn't targeted for that market. That said, this is just me giving my opinion just like Seifert gave his.

Z10
    TGR1, lift and Flatman like this.
    07-29-14 05:46 PM
    Yes there is an opinion, and if you read between the lines he is saying the device will not sell well. Yes, he said it in a snarky way, but who cares (obviously you care about the opinion of this tech blogger, or you wouldn't of bothered to comment)? Move on and let him be the "poisonous, pretentious hipster knob" that you think he is.
    You miss my point completely...but thats ok agree to disagree.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 05:48 PM
    For someone who hates the verge so much you sure love to link their articles on CB and give them lots of hits....
    07-29-14 05:49 PM
    For someone who hates the verge so much you sure love to link their articles on CB and give them lots of hits....
    Im linking to a verge article?

Posted via CB10
    Toodeurep likes this.
    07-29-14 05:50 PM
    Nope. Not taking the bait. Obviously they know it will rile some people from here to visit their sites. Just like political campaigning, negative sells. Nothing get people react and response than talking turd about individuals or products unjustly.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 06:19 PM
62 123