While it is great to see what BlackBerry is up to and has coming up. I can't help but feel the 10.3 recent leak and more so the BlackBerry Blend information exposure has significantly damaged Blackberry's recovery. This information gives significant information on incomplete products.

All the hard work done by the teams at BlackBerry trying their hardest to get the best products out to the markets and when it's paraded around unfinished so the competition can get wind of things before its finalised.. sigh, I know how I would feel if I were them.

I think Michael Clewley was going to share more previews today, cant help but feel this didn't happen because of the leak.

Let's hope I'm wrong, but pretty sure it's not had a positive effect on Blackberry's recovery.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 04:13 PM
    Good points, but what is 10.3 bringing that is really going to blow the competition away? It looks mostly like cosmetic stuff unless I'm mistaken.
    ajst222 likes this.
    05-12-14 04:16 PM
    Do you think apple "innovators" feel hurt when people jailbreak their phones? They can't because three quarters of the population do it to get their device to how they want it.

The leaks and early information are a preview of what could be there, it may not be exactly like that. But it's a good way to see interest in how they are heading.

Don't worry about a leak causing bad news for BlackBerry, the American media is doing a well enough job of that!

When everyone wakes up to the changes that have been made and see where blackberry has improved, things will be better. And where they are heading in the enterprise market, the wake up call will arrive at some point.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 04:21 PM
    Well, the peeks by MC were all minor cosmetic improvements/additions as was said in his post. The big changes are still secret to the public.

I do wonder about the Blend thing though. I think this should've been kept quiet. There are just as many Android/iOS snoops on here as there are BlackBerry users. The Blend leak is what is bad about letting the average Joe poke and prod.

In reality though, nobody really knows (except BlackBerry) where they are in the project's development or the actual features. Hopefully the info that's been plastered all over the internet is either old or won't hurt BlackBerry and their success will be given on 10.3's release

emPowered by ?
    Last edited by celticmagick; 05-12-14 at 04:59 PM.
    05-12-14 04:39 PM
    BB Blend is a lot more than cosmetic... that's the kind of thing BB needs there to be some buzz about, just for starters. I know I'm looking forward to it.
    wincyUt likes this.
    05-12-14 04:46 PM
    Do you think apple "innovators" feel hurt when people jailbreak their phones? They can't because three quarters of the population do it to get their device to how they want it.

The leaks and early information are a preview of what could be there, it may not be exactly like that. But it's a good way to see interest in how they are heading.

Don't worry about a leak causing bad news for BlackBerry, the American media is doing a well enough job of that!

When everyone wakes up to the changes that have been made and see where blackberry has improved, things will be better. And where they are heading in the enterprise market, the wake up call will arrive at some point.

Posted via CB10
    Three quarters of the population?
    bbq10l and Genghis2k3 like this.
    05-12-14 04:52 PM
    Jailbreaking does not affect Apples IP, this is something sorted post release.

I'm talking about features like Blend etc. This is significant strategy for BlackBerry and for it to leak the way is has months before its consumer ready. Already there are articles like '10.3 is better but not good enough'. Yes we know these reviews are useless, but does the general consumer?

There is no benefit in these leaks to BlackBerry, if anything may make them rush release resulting in buggy versions? Or some competitor may start completion product months earlier...

Posted via CB10
    paulo_mealha likes this.
    05-13-14 05:27 AM
    OP I see what you mean....

This 10.3 leak hit the streets last week and everyone is talking about it. All the tech site are doing breakdowns and going through all of the new features.

When Chen hits the stage in Indonesia for the launch party of the Z3, there will be little for all of those that traveled thousands of miles to be in attendance to write about the new OS. Maybe that will allow the Z3 to shine as the new Star in the BlackBerry lineup.

Sorry OP, either BlackBerry has the "good stuff" still under wraps, or 10.3 is just another minor OS upgrade that will do little to change the perception of "BlackBerry".

Posted via Android CrackBerry App
    ajst222 and kbz1960 like this.
    05-13-14 06:01 AM
    I think it's too much to expect anyway for 10.3 to be some game changing update. It's not supposed to be. It's an incremental update that is going to improve the overall usability of the phone and add some tweaks here or there. Anything until BB11 is going to be incremental and small, which is what it's supposed to be. I don't know why with each small update like this people go crazy and act like it's going to add some mind blowing feature. It's not supposed to, it's small but will add some nice tweaks and optimizations to the OS. People get way too hyped up over these small updates.
    ajst222, kbz1960, TgeekB and 1 others like this.
    05-13-14 07:17 AM
    Please discuss the topic of the thread without the personal comments or move on to another one.
    05-13-14 10:14 AM
    OP I see what you mean....

This 10.3 leak hit the streets last week and everyone is talking about it. All the tech site are doing breakdowns and going through all of the new features.

When Chen hits the stage in Indonesia for the launch party of the Z3, there will be little for all of those that traveled thousands of miles to be in attendance to write about the new OS. Maybe that will allow the Z3 to shine as the new Star in the BlackBerry lineup.

Sorry OP, either BlackBerry has the "good stuff" still under wraps, or 10.3 is just another minor OS upgrade that will do little to change the perception of "BlackBerry".

Posted via Android CrackBerry App
    I do wonder if BlackBerry does really have any "good stuff" or game changers under the tarp. 10.3 looks very nice (literally), but nothing really changed or really special.

However, I don't think that the 10.3 leak is all that detrimental though since there isn't anything game changing. If it was a leaked 11.0, then yes, but since it isn't major, I can't imagine it harming BlackBerry too much.

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    05-13-14 10:15 AM
    Nothing can hurt BlackBerry more then it has been hurt already.
    They need to let folks they are still around and are developing new products.

When your on the floor bleeding to death you need to scream and let folks know your there.

Using a BlackBerry Z10! OS: 10.2.1.3175
    05-13-14 11:59 AM
    The one thing I see it has done is it gives competitors and developers ideas and sometimes they beat BBRY by getting something the same out faster.
    05-13-14 12:54 PM

I think Michael Clewley was going to share more previews today, cant help but feel this didn't happen because of the leak.

Let's hope I'm wrong, but pretty sure it's not had a positive effect on Blackberry's recovery.

Posted via CB10
    On may 2 he said the previews were until the sdk came out.
    05-13-14 01:13 PM
    Good points, but what is 10.3 bringing that is really going to blow the competition away? It looks mostly like cosmetic stuff unless I'm mistaken.
    WHAT? Cosmetic? Are you serious?

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    05-13-14 01:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    "Three quarters of th population do it."

Riiiiiight. Such a blanket statement with no evidence to back it up.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 02:20 PM
    I recall clewley saying 10.3 was gonna blow our minds, or something to that effect. While any improvements are welcome, so far I'm not seeing anything that would even remotely fall into that category.

Posted via CB10
    ajst222 likes this.
    05-13-14 08:47 PM
    I recall clewley saying 10.3 was gonna blow our minds, or something to that effect. While any improvements are welcome, so far I'm not seeing anything that would even remotely fall into that category.

Posted via CB10
    He's the one leaking stuff.

Posted with zee flicking coolest smartphone evah
    05-13-14 08:58 PM
    Clewley's first post about 10.3 also included the the statement "...but don't get too excited. I'm not going to be talking about the crazy secrets, just the little things that make our lives easier!"

So, I'm reserving judgement until we see the final product. We may be pleasantly surprised.
    05-13-14 09:03 PM
    Your average BlackBerry user doesn't look at CB or N4BB, etc. So for most of the population this is a non issue. They often don't even update when an OS is released let alone know what is in it. People in CB aren't Joe average consumer's.

Posted via CB10
    Ben1232 and Mr4aces like this.
    05-13-14 09:15 PM
    Your average BlackBerry user doesn't look at CB or N4BB, etc. So for most of the population this is a non issue. They often don't even update when an OS is released let alone know what is in it. People in CB aren't Joe average consumer's.

Posted via CB10
    I disagree. I think the average BlackBerry user nowadays IS the CrackBerry user.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    05-13-14 09:40 PM
    Hah. That's good, I see what your saying. But I can speak about the people in my area of Canada. They don't know CB. They often don't do OS updates until they have an issue and aren't aware of most of the features of OS10. They come to me, and I'm no expert. So leaks are not part of most business person's day-to-day activities.

Posted via CB10
    Playbook007 likes this.
    05-13-14 09:49 PM
    WHAT? Cosmetic? Are you serious?

Posted via CB10
    Ummm, yes, i am serious.
    05-14-14 03:45 AM
    10.3 has major improvements. My brother installed it on his Z10 last weekend. I was playing with it last night and noticed how fast it was so I decided to shutdown both and test how fast the boot up would be. His Z10 beat my Z30, it never happened before.

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    05-14-14 05:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    Honestly, those little things are what makes you love a phone, those little options make it easier to do stuff plus the UI change is enough to call it a change.

Posted via CB10
    ubizmo and danielrivers like this.
    05-14-14 06:03 AM
37 12