So I have finally made the switch from an iPhone to a Bold 9700 and and am loving it so far. I used to have apps that I would check out every morning with my coffee on the iPhone, such as a daily horoscope app, weather app, today in history (along with famous birthdays and quote of the day) and even a daily babe app .

So I'm looking for suggestions to replace these types of apps or for any "daily" style apps that may be available for the BB. I would prefer "free", but paid apps would be considered as well, as long as they are good.

Suggestions folks? Thanks!
    07-01-10 11:08 PM
    Viigo. (Crackberry edition is in the app store here)

It's free and can do pretty much all of the above.

Now, if you want separate apps, I suggest BeWeather Free (paid is better, but free to test it out anyway) for weather. There is a free Daily Horoscope app for blackberry available in the Crackberry app store but I don't have tons of experience with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-10 11:32 PM
    Thanks. I'll check them out. No daily babe app though huh?
    07-01-10 11:59 PM
    Found the horoscope app and am trying the free version of BeWeather right now. Tried Viigo. Didn't care for it. I received quite a few errors, url couldn't be found, etc in the first few minutes. Doesn't seem very stable unfortunately. Still looking...anyone else?
    07-02-10 12:35 AM
    Somone needs to post the link for "Popular apps list for bb" to the fresh recruit. There's a pretty huge list of apps for bb. A lot of them are free. Congrats on your new joy. If your diggin it now it should only get better with time. There is some great info here on CB drawing from the collective. Welcome to the zoo!

07-02-10 01:23 AM
    Check out BBweather. It's free.
    07-02-10 06:38 AM
    Found the horoscope app and am trying the free version of BeWeather right now. Tried Viigo. Didn't care for it. I received quite a few errors, url couldn't be found, etc in the first few minutes. Doesn't seem very stable unfortunately. Still looking...anyone else?
    Try Viigo Lite - eliminates all the extra "junk" like twitter and stuff and is simply a newsreader - seems much more stable and doesn't kill your battery
    07-02-10 11:28 AM
    The monster list is posted on a sticky toward the top of the page here in Discussions. Check it out. It's called "Popular Blackberry download links". Happy hunting.

07-02-10 12:30 PM
    hey I have two apps that you may like, one called Flashtalk - Happy 4th! (hehe good timing ..) displaying animated GIFs and music of your choice (find it here on the app store), and Moontalk - showing moon phase and sun/moon location in the sky and more .. (either this store on BB app world) ... here are youtube links .. enjoy

Moontalk:

Flashtalk:
    07-02-10 12:38 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. Yes, I know there is a huge thread, I just thought that if anyone had a favorite daily app that they liked and would like to suggest, they could post it here.
    07-02-10 12:56 PM
    Anyone suggested Pandora yet? Great app high rating. Bb app world free. May be here on CB too.

07-02-10 01:50 PM
    Unfortunately I am in Canada so no Pandora for me...

I did download Flycast thought which seems decent.
    07-02-10 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD