Just today, on certain text messages I sent, there's been a little "D" above the check mark (that states my text has been successfully sent). Any idea what the "D" means??? Never seen this before and can't seem to find any posts about it before...
    PLEASE HELP!! THANKS!!
    09-25-08 02:13 PM
    D = delivered.

Welcome to CB.
    09-25-08 02:19 PM
    It means that the message has been delivered to the recipient.
    09-25-08 02:19 PM
    Oooh sweet!!! Thanks so much!
    09-25-08 02:26 PM
    This only works when texting other BB users, correct?

It never pops up when i text my wife...but when i text my boy that has a curve as well it shows up (not all the time though!) hmmm...maybe its just luck of the draw...sometimes you get it, sometimes you dont - hahaha!
    09-25-08 02:29 PM
    I only get the D when I text other Verizon users but I don't know why.
    09-25-08 02:35 PM
    When u text another verizon user I get it also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-08 02:43 PM
    When u text another verizon user I get it also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I won't be long and that little D will disappear....

Only for Verizon CDMA Network.
    09-25-08 02:46 PM
    I won't be long and that little D will disappear....

Only for Verizon CDMA Network.

I dont have Verizon, and neither does my boy that has the Curve he has T-Mobile.

Whenever it wants to let you know that it has been delivered it will give you the "D"...but not all the time.
    09-25-08 03:03 PM
    I spoke to the Blackberry guy at Verizon Tech support yesterday and he told me that because Verizon has 98% delivery rate on their text messaages, they are going to drop the "D" because we should all know that our message has been delivered due to this 98% thing. Bless their hearts
    09-25-08 03:07 PM
    I dont have Verizon, and neither does my boy that has the Curve he has T-Mobile.

Whenever it wants to let you know that it has been delivered it will give you the "D"...but not all the time.

I understand that. but this may also effect those users that send to Verizon users, I think it may not tell other carriers either that a message has been delivered, and that D only means that they opened the message... Not just received it.... When you open the phone or wake up the device and view the message that is when the network talks and says it has been delivered, but really it's just saying that the person you sent such message to has viewed it.

I spoke to the Blackberry guy at Verizon Tech support yesterday and he told me that because Verizon has 98% delivery rate on their text messaages, they are going to drop the "D" because we should all know that our message has been delivered due to this 98% thing. Bless their hearts

The other 2% are screwed oh well it's a carrier thing i guess......
    09-25-08 03:08 PM
    only when you text people of the same carrier
    09-25-08 04:04 PM
    the same thing just started on mine today. the weird thing is it isnt on just verizon people. and the people it does show up on single one. just some of them. its weird...
    09-25-08 05:49 PM
    Boo- for as much as I pay for my data plan, they could keep the little things! Oh well, like everyone else said- it only works with other verizon customers.
    09-25-08 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD