01-30-13 07:14 AM
    What a dork. NDA comes to mind and who wants to hear about the friggin iPhone? It's old news. Move ahead.
    01-30-13 07:23 AM
    I haven't seen the actual interview, but it's pretty lame to write up an article focused entirely about how dodgy a guest was on questions. That said, the guest should be used to navigating/prepared to navigate d-bag interviewers questions by now.
    01-30-13 07:29 AM
    I no longer give much heed to articles on tech sites. BB10 will speak for itself.
    01-30-13 07:32 AM
    Not the day to let anything rain on the BB10 launch.
    Concentrate on Toronto.
    mapsonburt and KDB84 like this.
    01-30-13 07:34 AM
  6. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    BMO also.. BMO are the most incompetent financial advisers in Canada.. I know!! ... do exactly the opposite of whatever they say!!!.... BMO getting burned on the Short side on this one!
    01-30-13 07:34 AM
    I heard the interview on BBC, and the reporter was persistent with the 'what have you learnt from the iphone'.. whatever the RIM spokesperson said, the reporter would simply interrupt and jst ask again what have you learnt from the iphone...

But thinking about it though... would the RIM spokeperson actually say.. right yes.. we learnt this this and that... its making RIM look bad... and if he did answer the question of what they learnt from the iphone.. the reporter would only use that as an opportunity to further grill the RIM spokeperson, and say right, so ur copying.. so these features already existed and ur coming up with them now etc... its a vicious cycle...

I think the RIM spokeperson went about it the right way by trying to just explain what RIM have done.. athough he sounded uber nervous and it didnt come out good... i would never conceed to what my company has learnt from another, unless its from another mistakes loool... thats my opinion.. maybe i know nothing about business loool
    01-30-13 07:38 AM
    The verge had the same report. Lame, expecting an exec to praise a competitor.
    01-30-13 08:26 AM
    The media have a sickening obsession with Apple and their hype machine.
    01-30-13 08:29 AM
    To be fair, that rim guy should have moved round the question far more smoothly than he did, but the ***** on the radio clearly had delusions of paxman.
    01-30-13 08:45 AM