Would it be cheaper to buy a used Bold 9900 and go back to prepay with T-mobile? I don't surf the web on the phone; just look at my email when it comes in as a message. I also send text and use the phone as my primary communications. I like the phone just the monthly expense and cost of the phone (which I can return within two more weeks) is outrageous. Looks like I could save nearly $50 a month in service & taxes a month if I switch back.

Any thoughts?
    03-09-12 09:43 AM
    Be careful when you are buying a used Bold 9900. A lot of people here had some issues with hardware or OS in the past. Some people who sell Bold 99xx online do that to get rid of their bad phone. Unlike Bold 9700, when you are buying a bold 9900 you have to be careful of what you are buying into.
    03-09-12 11:15 AM
    I suggest grabbing what your carrier has, usually the lowest up-front cost, be it last of the crop stock, either a bold 9700, 9780, a curve with EDGE or curve 3G, doesn't matter how old it is simply because of what usage habits you did describe. It'll save you a bundle in my opinion. If windmobile had the blackberries with the trackwheel that supported aws 1700, I'd already be rocking it to avoid spending anything big. Heh, as long as it suits your needs, go for the lowest cost, regardless of how old it is, option.
    03-09-12 01:05 PM
    I bought a new bold 9900 on Amazon. It's for t-mobile that is unlocked. I can stay on the prepay plan but wondered if I will be able to buy into BB services?
    03-10-12 08:44 AM
    I bought a new bold 9900 on Amazon. It's for t-mobile that is unlocked. I can stay on the prepay plan but wondered if I will be able to buy into BB services?
    If it's not blacklisted, you can get blackberry services. Call up tmobile, or the original carrier to verify. Shouldn't done that before paying on amazon.
    03-10-12 09:32 AM
    You can get a BIS account from T-mobile.. the get the services.
    If your Blackberry bold 9900 is originally from other carrier you may need to update the service books (contact T-mobile).
    03-10-12 05:52 PM
    I had no idea that there was such a thing as blacklisting. What is it? This could be a reason to file for a refund from the seller, I'd think. Not sure what Amazon's policy is on the issue. If they'd refuse to refund under that circumstance, I'd be forced to have my bank go after the seller and get my money back. I think it would be fraudulent to sell a phone that could not be used as it was designed in light of the fact it is a t-mobile phone.
    Now you have me concerned.

If it's not blacklisted, you can get blackberry services. Call up tmobile, or the original carrier to verify. Shouldn't done that before paying on amazon.
    03-11-12 12:17 PM
    If the seller reported the phone lost or stolen, you could not get a data plan. And I believe some carriers will not release the pin if the previous owner owes money.

As for adding the $10 BIS plan, you need to make sure you have an eligible prepaid plan.
    03-11-12 12:33 PM
    TequilaAddict is right. If the seller was selling that phone out of his/her free will, I highly doubt it would be blacklisted (they would be selling it for their own gain - it's not reported as lost or stolen). Try not to worry until you know what exactly is going on. Amazon must have some safety protocols, as well.
    03-11-12 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD