Okay I do have one question being a smartphone user who hops all over the place android, windows, blackberry, etc. Well I finally decided to settle in with blackberry's because they are just a more official phone and I wanted to know what kind of customizable things can you do to the blackberry. I currently have an 8530. Also, was talking to a sprint rep today and she said to me specifically that the Tour 2 9650 was on the launch calender but no specific release date I asked her how long I would be waiting for it and she talked to her supervisor and she said to me at the very most 2 months. I hope this post helped some people but I also would like to have my question answered thankyou all.
    02-16-10 12:08 AM
    I don't know what you mean by "official" phone... Ubiquitous, perhaps, which is a good thing if you plan on using BlackBerry Messenger. In terms of customization, you'll have to be a little more specific:

You could change the UI through the use of themes. Themes change the icons, icon placement and functionality to some degree.

Additional applications can be downloaded from either the official BlackBerry App World, or Crackberry's own Mobihand App Store. You could also download applications directly off websites. However, don't expect the same kind of selection that is available on the iPhone.

Notifications (vibration, ring tones) can be customized in many ways through the volume settings. Further customization is available through applications like BerryBuzz.

The casing on BlackBerries can also be customized, but it will void your warranty, so save it for later.
    02-16-10 12:33 AM
    I don't know what you mean by "official" phone... Ubiquitous, perhaps, which is a good thing if you plan on using BlackBerry Messenger. In terms of customization, you'll have to be a little more specific:

You could change the UI through the use of themes. Themes change the icons, icon placement and functionality to some degree.

Additional applications can be downloaded from either the official BlackBerry App World, or Crackberry's own Mobihand App Store. You could also download applications directly off websites. However, don't expect the same kind of selection that is available on the iPhone.

Notifications (vibration, ring tones) can be customized in many ways through the volume settings. Further customization is available through applications like BerryBuzz.

The casing on BlackBerries can also be customized, but it will void your warranty, so save it for later.
    +1. all the customization options have been mentioned by Masahiro.I doubt if you need any other customization options.
    02-16-10 02:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD