Is there an application that will allow you to set custom sounds (alerts) for Blackberry Messenger contacts? I've tried everything, and it seems alerts on BBM are set across the board with no way to have different sounds for different contacts.

Currently I am using Beta OS 5.0, and the latest BBM 5.0, all on a curve 8900.
    Last edited by ThomMeyer; 10-12-09 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Add my OS and BBM Version
    10-12-09 03:52 PM
    You can use custom alerts from your PROFILES options, just go to BROWSE when choosing the ringing option and select a voicenote, song clip, etc.

If you mean having different sounds for each individual contact, than I don't think so...
    10-12-09 05:06 PM
    Yes, I am looking to assign different sounds to different BBM contacts. I have not been able to do it through the profiles management, and have yet to find a 3rd party application that can do it. Some of the led flashing apps can set a specific flash, but they can not set a custom sound to each contact for the initial alert.

Has anyone been able to accomplish this?
    10-12-09 05:52 PM
    No I do not think it is possible... I have been trying to do this also and came across this thread while looking for an answer.

The frustrating thing is with the new bbm 5... you can not change the sounds for sms contacts added to bbm either.
    11-18-09 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD