Hello everyone! I just got a BlackBerry today, and it is simply the most Wonderful thing I've Ever Had. But, upon reading these forums, I have stumbled upon a problem.

Not doing preliminary research (a fault on my part), I had assumed I was purchasing a BlackBerry that was top of the line, a BlackBerry Curve 8310.

Curious about its capabilities, and finding the documentation lacking, I stumbled upon CrackBerry.com. To my dismay, it turns out that there's a BlackBerry 8320, with WiFi support!

So much question is this:

Should I return my BlackBerry 8310 for an 8320? What is the price difference? I got my BB with a service plan renewal: Will they allow me to trade-in my 8310?
    03-27-08 04:48 PM
    If you want a 8320 you would have to get it here in the buy/sell forum or ebay since its a tmobile bb and you are with att.
    03-27-08 04:50 PM
    I don't think at&t carries the 8320, you will likely need to get the 8820 if you want wifi.
    03-27-08 04:50 PM
    Yup, no 8320 on AT&T. I have the 8310 & I love my phone. If you REALLY need the WiFi, then you might want the 8820 - which lacks a camera.
    03-27-08 04:56 PM
    Just remember if you do stay with ATT and go for an 8820, you won't have a camera. Alternatively, there's lots of threads on here about unlocking phones so, if you do want to stay with ATT, you might be able to use an unlocked 8320. I am no unlocking expert so I can't say whether or not you can. Some searching here should give you lots of answers.
    03-27-08 04:57 PM
    Curious about its capabilities, and finding the documentation lacking, I stumbled upon CrackBerry.com. To my dismay, it turns out that there's a BlackBerry 8320, with WiFi support!
    More of a carrier issue than anything else.

AT&T does not support UMA Internet calling (basically VOIP for cell phones). T-mobile does. So T-Mobile has a more advanced Curve option (I believe the AT&T fans might tell you that their AT&T Curves have navigation connectability that T-Mobile doesn't).

More really an issue of what you want your Curve to do.

I'm personally not a big AT&T fan so the choice of using T-Mobile is pretty clear cut. If you want to do more research on UMA calling, take a trip over to T-Mobile's website. But do keep in mind that getting a T-Mobile Curve will NOT allow you to make UMA calls on the AT&T network because AT&T simply does not support UMA service.
    03-27-08 05:00 PM
    Thank you very much! You have helped me quite a bit. I think I will stick with my 8310 then; I've already become attached to it so much, I couldn't bear to give it up, lol.
    03-27-08 08:07 PM
    Thank you very much! You have helped me quite a bit. I think I will stick with my 8310 then; I've already become attached to it so much, I couldn't bear to give it up, lol.
    You will enjoy it more than you know. And once you get addicted to using the GPS you will enjoy it even more.
    03-28-08 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD