The Curve has a 3.5mm jack (instead of the 2.55mm), and I assume this means it may only be used for stereo/listening purposes with wired headsets.

I have a wired headset with a 3.55mm connector, but it also has a mouthpiece, clearly indicating it may be used as a headset for talking. Anyone know if the Curve has that capability, and if so, does it require a setting on the phone?

My headset has two connectors - one with a pink "cap" and one with a black. Which would I use, or would either suffice?

Desperate for answers here. I have a series of phone interviews this morning and I do NOT want to attempt the shoulder-rest maneuver while I type.
    Last edited by leftcoaster; 02-23-09 at 11:50 AM.
    02-23-09 11:07 AM
    You can use a mouthpiece headset for a curve. Not sure if you can use the one you have or not, but couldn't hurt to give it a try. As long as you don't try to force it in if it doesn't go easily. My Curve came with earbuds with a mic connected, so I know you can use a device like that on yours. It is rather handy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 11:16 AM
    You can use wired hands free devices with the Curve.
    02-23-09 11:17 AM
    My Curve came with earbuds with a mic connected, so I know you can use a device like that on yours. It is rather handy!

Forgot mine has "earbuds," too .. now it's just a matter of finding them

Also, the call quality will be critical, which is why I'd like to use an over-the-head, semi-expensive headset. I've used them for years as a newspaper reporter and have become totally dependent on them.

And btw the reason I don't have a bluetooth is because my car is saddled with significant road noise, which makes every model I've tried completely useless. Sigh.
    02-23-09 11:40 AM
    The call quality on my earbuds is just as good as the call quality on my berry! But, as you point out... It is possible to hear a lot of background noise at times. I hope it works for you!

02-23-09 11:44 AM
    I use both the ear buds (with mic) that came with my 8330, along with a Plantronics BT. I prefer the BT for phone calls, but when traveling I like the buds for listening to music *and* being able to use hands-free.

The buds are not great, they don't suck. But, I am looking into getting a better pair.
    02-23-09 12:02 PM
    The call quality on my earbuds is just as good as the call quality on my berry! But, as you point out... It is possible to hear a lot of background noise at times. I hope it works for you!

Oh YAY! I will be interviewing right here in my home office, where road noise isn't an issue.

THANKS GUYS!
    02-23-09 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD