Hey, all:

New to CB..

I've had my Pearl for a few months now, and I'm upgrading to a Curve. What's the scoop on the WiFi? Usable in Canada? If not, is there anyway to unlock if for WiFi usage? At all? Ugh, I may just have to get an iPod Touch to have WiFi access!

Thanks!
    01-28-08 07:59 PM
    We don't have WiFi for BB in Canada yet.... we are told that most likely new bb devices will have them by 1st half of this year...you may want to sit tight if it is that important to you. Have you tried using the iPhone? it is not so user friendly re: text messaging.
    01-29-08 04:00 PM
    My supervisor at work has an iPhone (hijacked it from Houston! lol) and I gave it a shot...you're right! While texting, I had trouble specifically with the 'q' and 'a' buttons. I don't have massive thumbs but the screen was still confusing these two...and since 'a' is used quite a bit, this led to lots of problems. He told me he has to use a "touch-drag-release" method where you touch the screen anywhere, drag your thumb over the 'a', then release. Not only annoying, but I'm sure it adds wear to your screen, only making the problem worse!

Hold out for the technology you want on BB....then do what I did and download an iTheme!
    01-30-08 08:01 AM
    That is the exactly the 2 buttons I had problems with.
    01-30-08 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD