I currently have a Curve 8300. I am thinking about switching to 8110 Pearl. Can I get some advice -pros and cons? Thank you!
    09-09-08 02:38 PM
    Curve has a full keyboard and larger screen. Pearl has smaller screen and does not have the full keyboard.

Mainly it's personal preference. I prefer the full keyboard.
    09-09-08 02:41 PM
    It's all about whether or not you want a smaller phone. For a direct comparison of the phones, look here:

Compare Phones (Phone Scoop)
    09-09-08 02:49 PM
    My wife has a Pearl and I have a Curve. I can't stand typing on the Pearl and the screen is to small.
    09-09-08 02:59 PM
    Another important difference is the internal device memory. The Curve twice as much memory as the Pearl. I upgraded from the Pearl to the Curve for this reason...I like to download 3rd party apps and I was always losing call logs etc. when device memory fell low. Once I upgraded to the Curve I also really appreciated the larger screen size and full keyboard. I love the Curve and would not go back to the Pearl.
    09-09-08 03:04 PM
    Another important difference is the internal device memory. The Curve twice as much memory as the Pearl.
    There is no difference in memory with the GSM Curve and Pearl.
    09-09-08 05:20 PM
    i kept bouncing back and forth between the two and ended up sticking with the 8110 for a few reasons

1. hold the # key to change profiles
    2. hold * key to lock phone
    3. smaller
    4. i can type faster on the 8110
    5. easier 1 handed typing
    09-09-08 05:23 PM
    the curve didnt come out at Telus until about a month or 2 after I got the pearl and since the Telus people were too stupid to know and help me I got the pearl. I like it sometimes. but if I had to do it over I would have waited for the Curve like Im waiting for the thunder. because I dont like the having to double check my spelling sometimes it takes forever and even i will restart so for me the curve is better. lol! JMO ☻
    09-09-08 05:28 PM
    If you want a smartphone first get a curve. If you like a phone that doubles as a smartphone get a pearl. I like the size of the pearl and for me its a phone 1st so works for me. Either is a good choice just depends on your needs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-08 07:41 PM
    It really comes down to size. If you are going to be using it for business I would get the curve. If not, try out SureType and see how you like it. Personally, I have no problems with it and I like the size so I got the pearl. Honestly just go try them out when you can.

09-09-08 08:36 PM
    There is no difference in memory with the GSM Curve and Pearl.
    The information I have says the Pearl has 64MB internal memory and the Curve has 96MB.
    09-18-08 03:24 PM
    The information I have says the Pearl has 64MB internal memory and the Curve has 96MB.
    That is only for CDMA Curves. GSM curves dont have the additional memory.
    09-18-08 03:29 PM
    That is only for CDMA Curves. GSM curves dont have the additional memory.
    Hmm...that's interesting. I wonder why I have twice as much third-party stuff on my Curve as my Pearl, and still have double, sometimes triple, the memory remaining?
    09-18-08 03:35 PM
    Hmm...that's interesting. I wonder why I have twice as much third-party stuff on my Curve as my Pearl, and still have double, sometimes triple, the memory remaining?
    Probably because you are on Verizon which uses CDMA devices, so yes, your curve has 96megs of memory.

Someone with a curve on say, AT&T, which is GSM would only have 64megs on theirs.
    09-18-08 03:40 PM
    Probably because you are on Verizon which uses CDMA devices, so yes, your curve has 96megs of memory.

Someone with a curve on say, AT&T, which is GSM would only have 64megs on theirs.
    I thought that was the case. Thanks for the clarification.
    09-18-08 03:44 PM
    I love the Curve because of the full keyboard and more memory.
    09-18-08 08:53 PM
    I love the form factor of the Pearl. However, some people prefer the full keyboard instead of using suretype on the Pearl.
    09-18-08 09:05 PM
    It is all what you like. I love my Pearl, but i am ready for a Curve...
    09-18-08 09:13 PM
    How does the suretype work? Is it kind of like the predictive text of T9 SMS on regular phones, only more accurate because each key has two letters instead of 3 or 4? There was never a question in my mind that I was getting the Curve for the full QWERTY keyboard, so I never tested the pearl.

09-18-08 10:39 PM
    I've only had the Pearl. I was not prepared to go from a small cell phone to a BIG smart phone. The size of the Pearl was perfect for that.

And, the suretype is amazingly accurate. You also have the option to adjust the dictionary, either edit what some keystrokes will type or add your own.

I've been pleasantly surprised with the Pearl. I was a little hesitant with not getting a full keyboard, but it has surpassed my expectations by far. I even had a fellow BB (some big version) race me in typing, and I was right there with him.

Good luck!
    09-19-08 07:23 AM
    I've never thought of the Curve as being big.
    09-19-08 09:48 AM
    I currently have a Curve 8300. I am thinking about switching to 8110 Pearl. Can I get some advice -pros and cons? Thank you!
    I have the 8120 and I'm perfectly happy with it. Of course I've never operated the 8300 and I'm not familiar with its features. My decision was mostly due to the size of the Pearl. I recently coverted from WM and the last phone I had was a brick (AKA HTC Wing). When I test drove the Pearl (and BB) I became an addict.
    09-19-08 10:03 AM
    It all depends on your preference. I have a pearl and love it soo much I wouldn't trade it for then world. Not ong ago I tried the curve and hated it. It didn't fit my hand (I have small hands) and the typing took me 5 minutes to complete one sentence.I couldn't even type with one hand. So I took it back and went back to my pearl.the only reason why I went to the curve because evryone was telling me to do it. It is very much overrated. Its a nice device yeah but curves aren't for everyone.

09-19-08 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD