Hi,

Could you please tell me which phone you think is better: BlackBerry Curve 8900 or BlackBerry Bold?

I am going to use it for email,skype(iskoot),internet,good reception,decent memory

I saw that Bold has 3G, but what exactly means that,and is it important for a phone to have it,please?
    07-14-09 01:52 PM
    Check out this thread I'm debating the whole 8900 and Bold as well.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/bb-b...8900-a-262045/
    07-14-09 08:20 PM
    3G is a type of network reception. If you don't live in a large city, chances are you won't have access to a 3G network.

If you like both phones equally well, I would suggest basing your final decision on the network availability in the area you'll use it most often.

No sense buying a 3G phone if you really don't need it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 08:25 PM
    And regarding memory ... the 8900 has double the memory (256mb) compared to the Bold's 128mb.
    Also, if taking pictures is an issue, then the 8900 would be your best bet since it has a 3.2mp camera vs. the Bold's 2mp.

Consider the Tour since it is a big mashup of the Bold and the 8900, if going to Verizon/Sprint is an option.
    07-14-09 09:32 PM

I am going to use it for email,skype(iskoot),internet,good reception,decent memory
    If these are the criteria for your decision I'd go Bold. In my opinion Bold has superior keyboard for typing, decent native browser and if you don't load it down with tons of apps, decent memory...Bold can handle a big ol' media card too.
    +1 for reading the comparison thread.
    07-14-09 09:55 PM
    07-15-09 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD