I've been an 8810 user for two years. Switched to the Curve three weeks ago and everything was going swimmingly until today...

I had my phone in my pants pocket where I always keep it. (Sometimes I'll accidently dial a number or switch a setting if I didn't lock the keyboard. No big deal for the last two years.)

I went to dial a phone number and the keypad is now in a mode where I have to wait 2 seconds per keystroke before entering the next. If I dial too fast it starts going through special characters and/or misses the entry completely. When I backspace it will magically replace the last character with one I missed AND place the cursor ahead of that character (instead of at the end of the input).

I tried every setting on the device and the behavior persists. (Hey, I'm a former software engineer so I _think_ I know what I'm doing ;^)

Does anyone have any wisdom to share on this one?

Thanks, Steven
    07-11-08 07:07 PM
    I've never heard of the symptoms you describe. Have you tried a battery pull? Remove the battery with the device on, leave it out 30 seconds or so, and put it back. That reboots the device, and cures a multitude of odd problems. And yours is definitely odd!
    07-12-08 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD