Has anyone ever seen an app that would bring up a pop up virtual keyboard? Something navigable with the "trackball".

chaz
    Last edited by chaznsc; 12-24-08 at 12:50 PM.
    12-24-08 11:03 AM
    I don't think anything like that is available and the pearl has a keyboard.
    12-24-08 11:13 AM
    I don't think anything like that is available and the pearl has a keyboard.
    I think he meant navigable with the trackball. But I agree, I doubt anything
    like that is available. Not even sure what the point would be.
    12-24-08 12:02 PM
    it should be!
    12-24-08 12:50 PM
    Has anyone ever seen an app that would bring up a pop up virtual keyboard? Something navigable with the "trackball".

chaz
    The calculator app does that, so it should be possible.
    12-24-08 12:58 PM
    Please enlighten me... what would be the purpose of this application?
    12-24-08 01:09 PM
    Ummm... what would the freakin point of that be?
    12-24-08 01:18 PM
    Yes, I'm curious, too. Why in the world would someone want this on a Curve? Not trying to be a smart a$$, just want to know, because one of the main attractions for me to the Curve was it's tactile QWERTY keyboard. I hated trying to use the pop-up keyboard on my Axim.
    12-24-08 01:19 PM
    Man my finger gets sore after pressing in the trackball all day, thinking about typing like this just makes me shudder
    12-24-08 01:20 PM
    My windows mobile phone had both. Occassionally, I was in a place or position where it was helpful. Frankly, Im surprised it hasnt been coded yet.
    12-24-08 04:44 PM
    Why would anybody want that? WinMo has it as a part of the OS because MS sells its OS to any number of phomne makers. Some of these have keyboards, some have touch screens and that is why the soft keyboard exists. The BlackBerry Curve has a full QWERTY keyboard and has no requirement for an on-screen keyboard.
    12-24-08 05:04 PM
    Interesting response from a moderator. I am simply stating I have used it in the past, and at times it was a nice alternative.

I'm not saying it has to be coded, or that it would bring world peace; but it seems short sighted to claim that nobody would want one.

Sorry to have stirred you up. I am also sorry I posted this thread.

Happy Holidays.
    Last edited by chaznsc; 12-24-08 at 05:14 PM.
    12-24-08 05:07 PM
    Would you give some examples as to when and why you have ever used it? I'm not trying to be a smart a$$ either, but when would you EVER have then need to scroll to each letter with the trackball and click?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 05:13 PM
    A soft keyboard on the Curve? It would take up almost all the screen's real estate and be pointless!
    12-24-08 09:36 PM
    lol , chaznsc is crying i think. i swear
    12-25-08 12:28 PM
    Well th logical answer to why would some one want this KB is for one thumb typying. You ask why would have the need to only use one hand. But I can think of a a few ok myabe only one but ya

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-08 02:10 PM
    I can still type pretty fast using my right or left hand if I have say, a steering wheel in the other?
    12-26-08 01:41 PM
    Interesting response from a moderator. I am simply stating I have used it in the past, and at times it was a nice alternative.

I'm not saying it has to be coded, or that it would bring world peace; but it seems short sighted to claim that nobody would want one.

Sorry to have stirred you up. I am also sorry I posted this thread.

Happy Holidays.
    Mods have personal opinions too, just like you do. The above was mine. Given the other responses, it looks like I am pretty much in touch with the rest of Crackberry members. Nobody, except your goodself seems to want this thing.

Serious suggestion: Go and write one for yourselff or, see if one of the developers in the 3rd party software forum with write it for you.
    Last edited by Pete6; 12-26-08 at 02:01 PM.
    12-26-08 01:58 PM
    As for one-handed typing, that's why I have a Curve. The keyboard is small enough that I can comfortably (and relatively quickly) type with one hand. But if I had to use the trackball to highlight each letter and then click it to type? I'd probably just kill myself. Or get another phone.
    12-26-08 05:43 PM
    As for one-handed typing, that's why I have a Curve. The keyboard is small enough that I can comfortably (and relatively quickly) type with one hand. But if I had to use the trackball to highlight each letter and then click it to type? I'd probably just kill myself. Or get another phone.
    Absolutely.....Scroll, click.....scroll, click.....AAARRRGGGGGGHHHH!!!!
    12-26-08 08:30 PM
    you guys are being pretty harsh on this dude.. For one it could make typing one handed alot easier...
    12-26-08 08:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";