I'm working on setting up my wife on her Curve so that she can use Orb to listen to audio files on the home computer. I figured the holy grail would be to add a bluetooth headset with A2DP so that she could both listen to the audio files through the phone's media player and also use the same headset to answer phone calls. So I just got the Plantronics 855.

The headset works great for medial player stuff and for phone calls, but not doing a good "handoff" from one to another. If the media player is playing an audio file fed to it via Orb, and the phone rings, you can easily jump over to answer the call...no problem. But when the call ends, the phone goes back to media player and I quickly get this error message: "The media being played is of an unsupported format.".

Is there something to mess with here to enable me to finish the phone call, and then pick up the audio file where I left off to go answer the call? Or will we always have to just start the file again?

Do I need to add to add more Codecs in Orb? Try a different media player? Any thoughts welcome...feels like I'm close to a setup my wife will really enjoy.
    12-22-08 04:04 PM
    I'd try a different media player. It sounds to me like that's the most likely culprit.
    12-24-08 01:55 AM
    Thanks for the idea.

I actually thought about that, but from what I've read, it looks like it may not be possible to change the BB's default media player to something other than what came installed on it. And Orb works in a way that doesn't allow you to first call your selected media player. You choose the audio you want, and it plays in your default media player.

So, is there any way to make a different audio player the default player on my BB?

Thanks again.
    12-24-08 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD