View Poll Results: Curve or Pearl ?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Curve

50 71.43%
  • Peal

20 28.57%
    .....I think size is something to really take into consideration. The Pearl is the smallest phone that I've had in a while and it's nice to not carry around a big clunky thing.....
    For me, the Pearl is also the smallest sized phone I've had in the past 5-6 years. I thought it would be awkward for me, but soon realized that bigger wasnt always better.

Eventually I'll move over to the Curve; just not right now. I spent $100 in cases and I'm going to use the h3ll out of 'em!!
    06-20-08 07:53 PM
    For me, the Pearl is also the smallest sized phone I've had in the past 5-6 years. I thought it would be awkward for me, but soon realized that bigger wasnt always better.

Eventually I'll move over to the Curve; just not right now. I spent $100 in cases and I'm going to use the h3ll out of 'em!!
    1st off, i would bet some pearl lovers just havent experience a curve
    2nd, Im a strict believer in getting the best because if i buy substandard and find out i need/want more or better then not only do i have to bother with buying another spending just under twice of what i initially wanted to buy, buying the cheaper to save money of course, but also just having to deal with changing devices and learning it all over and all that.

so if u like to give yourself present frequently for the suprise go with the pearl so u can get urself a curve soon after!!! :P (joking)

Also, dont forget about the Bold/Javelin...they are just around the corner. alteast the bold is anyway
    06-20-08 08:25 PM
    Used the Pearl for about a month, traded it for the Curve once it hit the streets.

I prefer a full keyboard, larger screen and the hand fit is perfect.
    06-20-08 08:36 PM
    Curve

I can't understand the Pearl keyboard. My cousin has a red pearl, and she's good with the typing on it, but I'm not. It's way too complicated for me. I prefer a Qwerty (feels funny typin that on a computer keyboard) keyboard.
    Last edited by nfl46; 06-21-08 at 05:10 PM.
    06-20-08 08:45 PM
    Well I like both. My wife has the Pearl and I have the Curve. I personally don't understand when folks say that that Curve is too big? Not that much bigger than the Pearl. For me the Curve was the way to go, I love the qwerty keyboard and I had been looking at getting an EBook reader and this works for that also. I love my Curve. My wife went with the Pearl, and she loves it. Took her a little bit to get the hang of the SureType but now, she's got it down, plus she wanted it to still look like a phone. LOL, well we both have full data plans and use the heck out of them. I have used both and I like both, but for my needs the Curve was ideas. Both my wife and I used a Razor v3 before going to a Blackberry. God I love my BB.

KingD
    06-20-08 10:55 PM
    The Pearl is good, but I prefer the Curve. The main reasons being the qwerty keyboard and the bigger screen. Also the 8330 has more memory, so you dont have to worry about memory leaks as much.
    06-20-08 11:07 PM
    I have/had both.

I prefer typing on the Pearl, but if you are going to watch media and surf the web a lot, the Curve is best for that.

I chose "Curve" because I'm unsure of this new model "Peal" hehe.

What will be your main purpose for this device? Have you use Suretype before? Have you used QWERTY? If you have not done either, than you don't have to worry about getting adjusted to either.
    06-21-08 03:13 AM
    Curve!!!

I have used both, along with the Pearl predecessor (the 7100 series).

Reasons:

1) Curve has more memory
    2) Curve has bigger screen
    3) Curve has QWERTY keypad!

The Pearl is a great device in its own right, but it has memory issues. SureType is great and flawless... but I prefer a QWERTY keypad

Go Curve... especially since it will be a little more up-to-snuff with the new devices when they come out, as the Pearl will be totally left in the dust
    Not sure about the memory issues and more memory part about the Pearl. I have a pearl for work and have 37mb free right now. I have never seen more than 28mb on my Curve and that's with the memory tweak and two apps. I don't even have the memory tweak as my Pearl has the IT Policy and has locked it.

Pearl vs. Curve (GSM): PhoneScoop Comparison Chart

Pearl vs. Curve (CDMA): PhoneScoop Comparison Chart

Unless the OP is with a CDMA carrier, which I'm not sure if UK has it, they all have the same 64mb.

what is CDMA ? i live in the UK!
    06-21-08 03:21 AM
    It all depends on taste, and what works for you. I prefer a phone to look like a phone. For me, holding the bigger blackberries up to my ear feels awkward. Tech wise, there are subtle differences.
    06-21-08 07:49 AM
    The pearl was not designed for the average blackberry user. It was designed to attract regular cell phone users to switch and come to the BB darkside. Its a baby step into the bb world. If your a big boy or girl, go for the curve. If you have big hands spare your self and get the curve. If you email and text/im/bb pin a lot save yourself the pain and get the curve. If your just not ready to let go of the cell phone training wheels get a pearl. It is that simple.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-08 08:31 AM
    ^ lmao to that post!
    06-21-08 08:43 AM
    Both are great and theyre pretty much the same in specs, the only real differences are size and keyboard, you want a bigger screen with full qwerty keyboard? get the curve, you want a slimmer phone with a suretype keyboard? then get the pearl.

Now if size is really an issue i advice you to go to your carrier store and ask if they can show you both phones, the Curve looks a lot bigger on pictures than on real life.
    06-21-08 11:13 AM
    if you like the pearl keboard then get that, i think the pearl keyboard is great. i have used a pearl for 2 years so i can type without looking both 1 thumbed and 2 thumbed.
    06-21-08 11:34 AM
    The pearl was not designed for the average blackberry user. It was designed to attract regular cell phone users to switch and come to the BB darkside. Its a baby step into the bb world. If your a big boy or girl, go for the curve. If you have big hands spare your self and get the curve. If you email and text/im/bb pin a lot save yourself the pain and get the curve. If your just not ready to let go of the cell phone training wheels get a pearl. It is that simple.

Are you serious?
    06-21-08 02:54 PM

Have you tried using a Pearl before?

I've used my wife's Curve 8330 before and functionally they are identical. The only noticeable differences are the keyboard and screen size. Other than the physical size, there is nothing "baby step" about it - it's still the full blown Crackberry experience. SureType is a love it or hate it thing. You have to let it work for you and avoid the natural tendency to want to correct it mid-word. I find I can type as fast as on a full keyboard and with fewer mistakes because of the bigger keys.
    06-21-08 06:31 PM
    Today I just got told that my Sprint , dark red 8130 Pearl was the "sexiest blackberry for sure" because of the color and they already liked the pearl because of its form factor. So.... I dont know. Maybe its sort of girly to have the pearl but.....I think not.
    06-21-08 06:44 PM
    Curve!!!

I have used both, along with the Pearl predecessor (the 7100 series).

Reasons:

1) Curve has more memory
    2) Curve has bigger screen
    3) Curve has QWERTY keypad!

The Pearl is a great device in its own right, but it has memory issues. SureType is great and flawless... but I prefer a QWERTY keypad

Go Curve... especially since it will be a little more up-to-snuff with the new devices when they come out, as the Pearl will be totally left in the dust
    Totally agree with this and I have also owned a Pearl. I have the Curve 8330 now. Also, for some reason I had to do an almost daily battery pull on the Pearl.
    06-21-08 06:48 PM
    while the curve is full qwerty the buttons are smaller and closely spaced ive used both and feel the pearl is more comfy and once you
    learn to let suretype do its thing you can really go with it but hey some (jendoll15) just like em a little on the chubby side! hey just one slim sleek (training wheel equipped) crackberry heads opinion!
    06-21-08 07:39 PM
    I have had them both and sold the pearl in a month. The keypad was a pain and it was too small. The curve has a full keyboard full screen more memory and isn't as big as the 8800 series.

06-21-08 07:48 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD