Hello everyone!
    I just wanted to share this story with y'all since it just happened to me. I thought y'all might get a kick out of it too!
    Last week, we got plenty of rain from the gulf. I'm talking 2 days straight of pouring rain. Well I didn't have to work the second day it was raining, so I saw this as the perfect time to run some errands. So off I go to the school to sign up for classes next quarter. I had on my rainboots since, well it was raining, and I parked close to the door, but it was in a huge puddle. I didn't think anything of it since my feet wouldn't get wet anyways. Well I grabbed my berry and keys, went inside, did what I had to and then came back out to go home. I had my keys and phone in the same pocket. I was standing right beside my truck in water about 7 inches deep, since it was downhill and by a curve it had gotten pretty deep there. Anywho, I reach into my pocket, pull out my keys and my blackberry decides to go for a swim! She just hops on out and sinks in all the water I'm standing in! My first reaction was utter disbelief! I couldn't believe I had let this happen! After the shock, which lasted about 5 seconds, I reached down and yanked it out. I took my cover off and water poured from it. But it was still on, I figured I didn't have much time so I was just going to go on over to verizon. I quickly replied to a text(hehe) then yanked my battery out and put the phone on the defrost vent and waited.
    After about 5 minutes of shaking, wiping, and defrosting, I put the battery back in and to my surprise she was up and running! I was amazed. I haven't had any problems since then.
    I'm one happy addict!

Anyone have any stories they wanna share about almost loosing thier little one?
    Last edited by Kindrex; 12-16-08 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Spelling
    12-16-08 09:28 AM
    someone dropped my old curve 2 stories onto concrete, without a case, and all she got was a tiny scuff...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 09:31 AM
    That's crazy! They make these things better than I thought they would.
    12-16-08 09:41 AM
    im afraid to test my bold like that though

12-16-08 09:44 AM
    Well, it's got the pleather back, so it should theoretically hold up better. More cushion.
    12-16-08 09:46 AM
    im afraid to test my bold like that though

I don't blame ya. I know I've pretty much beaten the $hit out my curve and it just keeps running.

12-16-08 09:51 AM
    You were talking as if your Curve was a person when you said my blackberry decides to go for a swim. You must be addicted. Lol. Glad everything turned out ok.

12-16-08 09:53 AM
    someone dropped my old curve 2 stories onto concrete, without a case, and all she got was a tiny scuff...

LIES!
    12-16-08 09:55 AM
    My Curve had some serious battle scars-

I'm with ya on being scared to let anything happen to my Bold.

I think since it's a bit heavier, and has that faux metal bezel- it'll take a hefty beating!
    12-16-08 09:58 AM
    One day I was in the mall at Champs. Champs has a hard floor. I dropped my Curve, and needless to say, it hit the floor pretty hard. The only thing that popped off the was the chrome ring around the trackball. I was scared though!!! Haven't dropped my Bold yet...knock on wood...
    12-16-08 11:04 AM
    Last Forth of July, buddies iTouch was providing the tunes for the beach fire. His battery died, and his FM dongle was not going to work on my Curve.

We used the video flash, a 5W LED to switch some wires in dark places. Tunes were back. My usual practiced re-holster swipe missed....

The Curve hit the concrete floor, exploded into fragments.... pieces everywhere..... buddies face hit the floor too.

Scooped up the pieces, battery back in and snapped on the back cover....
    A spinning hour glass meant a normal restart was in progress. Said to buddy, "Their tough".

Mine has multiple scratches and dog teeth marks. Each one has a good story too.

Last edited by Reed McLay; 12-16-08 at 02:20 PM.
    12-16-08 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD