Hey guys,

I need some advice or opinion to make up my mind. I use to own a bold 9000 a few months back, sold it and just recently (not sure if you'd call it an upgrade) changed and got a Curve 8900 which Ive been using for barely a month now.

The thing is Ive missed alot from the Bold 9000 such as the large and well patterned keys, the leather back, proper metallic bezel, larger display and the overall executive feel. The only thing I had despised was the lack of memory, where I barely got the device to function normally within the range of 6-8apps.

Now you pretty much know the functionality of the 8900 in comparison so I wont mention its details, other than the fact that I am able to install more than 17different apps and still have room for more. And Ive also thought about the Bold9000 but i don't see how its that much different from 8900 other than the 3G and upgrade eligibility for OS 6 which I'm not concerned with at the moment.

I've been tempted to go back for a few days now but not sure if it would be a wise decision, its become a dilemma. So I need the community to help me make up my mind. I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Cliff
    08-30-10 01:36 AM
    Why not get the newer Bold (9700) which is allegedly going to be OS6 capable, and more importantly, should have more memory than your Bold 9000 did.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-10 09:14 AM
    What the sandman said. The 9700 should cure your memory problems and is said to be ready to run OS 6.0. The keypad is smaller than the 9000 which is keeping me from the same change. More memory would be good but the 9000 form is the best I ever touched.
    08-30-10 09:47 AM
    Part of the reason whats keeping me from upgrading to the Bold9700 is the fact that the Bold9000 has bigger keys than the 9700. Its wider and feels more solid just like a Bold should be IMO. Otherwise, my current 8900 is not that different from the new bold, looks almost the same, weighs the same and although im keen on getting my hands on the OS6, Its not really a game changer for me. Im really hoping for a new release for the bold model that would closely resemble the Bold9000. Now that handset was truly a game changer.
    09-01-10 02:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD