I'm 95% sure I'm going to upgrade to a Curve 8330 currently being offered by Bell. I have read several conflicting reports since last Aug. 08 that Bell was planning to disable or limit the functionality of the internal GPS. I would like to run Google Maps and NOT pay the ridiculous 10/month fee for GPS. Can anyone with Bell please confirm if Bell currently limits use of the GPS ?

Thanks.

Sean
    Last edited by HWHarry; 05-08-09 at 09:07 AM.
    05-08-09 08:33 AM
    I'm 95% sure I'm going to upgrade to a Curve 8330 currently being offered by Bell. I have read several conflicting reports since last Aug. 08 that Bell was planning to disable or limit the functionality of the internal GPS. I would like to run Google Maps and NOT pay the ridiculous 10/month fee for GPS. Can anyone with Bell please confirm if Bell currently limits use of the GPS ?

Thanks.

Sean
    They don't, in Ottawa at any rate. Been using Google Maps, Poynt and others with no problem.
    05-08-09 09:24 AM
    Or if it does not work look in the GPS forum for how to Fix it. All the settings for Bell are there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 09:38 AM
    Bell doesn't limit yet, Google Maps and Poynt both work for me in Alberta. Its a good way to dodge the crazy expensive GPS. There's even free GPS alternatives I believe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";