Hey everyone. I will be buying a new blackberry soon and was wondering which was the better phone: the curve 8310 or the pearl 8120 both for at&t.

Specifically, I would like to know about the media capabilities.
    I like both phones a lot, and I just need some help deciding which would be best for me.

thanks
    03-27-08 01:11 PM
    The Curve has a camera but no video recording, while the new Pearl 8120 has video recording. Of course, the Curve is hoping to get video recording with the coming of the new 4.5 OS.

Other than the video recording, for the time being, the specs are pretty much the same when it comes to media.

The Curve has the full keyboard, while the Pearl has the SureType.

When it comes down to it, it's about what you personally need in YOUR BB..

Good luck!
    03-27-08 01:15 PM
    I experienced pearl and curve before just if people like it smaller or larger and I hate surtype I turned on mutlitap is better for pearl

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-08 06:52 PM
    The 8120 has wi-fi as well but I would still chose the Curve due to full qwerty and bigger screen.
    03-27-08 06:57 PM
    I had an 8100 and now have 8320. The 8320 wins hands down
    Wide screen!
    Full qwerty keyboard!
    2mp camera!
    You'll be happier with the curve bc its the little things that add up

03-27-08 10:25 PM
    I think the biggest decision will be based upon whether or not you can tolerate "sure-type". The 8120 does not have a full QWERTY keyboard. The 8310 does. I personally hate sure-type, but a buddy of mine has it and says it's not bad and gets better and better as you use it more.
    03-27-08 10:29 PM
    Yeah that's it too
    I hate suretype, I disabled it when I had the pearl!

03-27-08 10:32 PM
    Welcome. You will get Crack Berry-a-holics that will go back and forth all day about which one is better. Both have pros and cons. Check the forums. I have two curves only because a friend had the 8300, so, I had to get the 8310. To keep the peace, I got my wife the Red Curve. Good Luck.
    03-27-08 10:51 PM
    To me there is no better...

Do you want WiFi? Do you want GPS? Need a bigger screen? I have both 8100 and 8310 and love both. I can type on SureType, it just takes time. Most people that I know that had Multitap, have now switched to SureType and love it. No one realizes how great the BB dictionary is and with the 4.5 OS coming out, even better.

To me it's whether you want GPS or WiFi? And whether you mind a smaller screen.
    03-27-08 10:58 PM
    all right thanks everyone. i just bought the at&t curve 8310. it's really cool and and I love it. thanks for helping me make a good decision.
    03-29-08 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD