I'm a 14 year old girl living in Canada and for my first phone, I'm DYING to get a blackberry.
    Anyway, the carrier I have to go with is Rogers (parents...group/family plan) and the three they offer are the pearl 8100, curve 8310 and 8800.
    Since I want a camera that rules out the 8800
    I know most of the pros and cons of each, I just wish they had a more recent version of the pearl. If the 8110 come out soon I might get that
    Anyway, I would just really appreciate any hands-on input
    Thank You!
    01-27-08 10:46 AM
    I have an 8100 and love it, but I wish I would have gotten the 8310. Both are about the same but the 8310 does do a few more things, plus it has the full keyboard. Hope that helps.
    01-27-08 11:45 AM
    Better go for Curver. Full keyboard is always plus and you can type faster than on Pearl. Also 2.0mpx cam is winner. Not ot menton GPS...
    01-27-08 11:51 AM
    yah
    i almost had my mind set on the curve
    then I was using my friend's pearl 8100 yesterday and the suretype was surprisingly easy and I've never tried out a curve
    if just rogers could get the 8130, 8120 or 8110 then I would probably get that.....
    but I love the big screen on the curve
    01-27-08 12:45 PM
    I had a pearl and went to a curve. Full keyboard/screen/2 mpxl camera/gps/and the curve seems a bit quicker. I'd hate to see you go with the pearl cause of size and then realize you wish you had went with the curve because of its features and upgrades.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-08 12:54 PM
    Oh- and since your female and probably have a purse-you wouldn't have to worry about the extra size of the curve in your pocket all the time-
    Curve all the way unless you can get an 8130

01-27-08 12:57 PM
    yah
    i think I better go with the curve
    it also just has a really nice feel to it
    I held it in the Rogers store but its not real so you can't try using it
    01-27-08 01:13 PM
    YAY!
    seems as if rogers is now offering red curve and 8110 (coming out soon)
    GREAT
    more to choose from
    01-28-08 05:15 PM
    These threads usually turn into Pearl VS Curve debates, But there is no wrong decision here. I own the 8100, and know people who own pearls and curves, and they all love their BB's. As long as your final choice is a BB, you'll be happy.
    01-28-08 06:25 PM
    hmmm since your a girl i would say pearl....but if ur a buisness woman curve. u ussually want the phone that looks better.

jk for features curve
    small phone with features pearl

but the curve has more but i have the pearl (soon will have hoping today when it ships)
    01-28-08 07:28 PM
    I'm not sure again now because if the 8110 comes and has the same features in the smaller phone then I dunno...
    AAH!
    but at least I have a while to choose because I don't think the new phones are coming in for about a week i think
    01-28-08 07:39 PM
    any other imput??
    01-29-08 09:37 PM
    I just got the 8100 and in just a couple days, I'm already typing emails and texts at the same speed or faster than on a keyboard. I love the suretype

If cost is a factor, I'm amazed at the $99 pricetag on the Pearl (3-year term). I haven't singed up yet for dataplan because I'm trying out all the basic features first, then moving on to data once I'm comfortable with the basics.

I love the size of the Pearl as compared to the Curve, but like most of us have said, it's your call. Just don't disregard the Pearl because of Suretype...it's not hard to get used to
    01-30-08 07:56 AM
    I use my Pearl for my business and love it. I can't compare it to a Curve, since I do not own one. But for me, size was a very important factor. The pearl fits in my pocket easily and has all the features I need. GPS is not a factor for me and the camera on the 8130 IS 2.0 megapixel and takes great videos as well (can you get the 8130? or is the 8100 exclusive with Rogers?). Typing is a non-issue since suretype is easy to use and works great.
    Best bet would be to hold both, try both, and see which one feels best during a call, since the phone's comfort is an important factor too.
    Good luck!
    Last edited by pmas; 01-30-08 at 10:45 AM.
    01-30-08 10:42 AM
    Unsure about your carrier, but with Verizon, they give you 30 days to try out the device and if unsatisfied, exchange it for a different model. They even let you try out the network. After 30 days if you don't like it, you can cancel and all you pay is airtime fees.
    Maybe look into that. After 30 days you will know if it's right for you.

I have the 8130 Pearl. Thought about a Curve. As of right now, I love the suretype, the size, and it does everything I could want. Only reason I would change would be to get the bigger screen but it's not that important.
    Last edited by Member_No.1; 01-30-08 at 12:18 PM.
    01-30-08 12:16 PM
    I have the curve and I love it. My coworker has the pearl and I have played with it, but in my opinion the small keyboard takes away from the beauty of the blackberry.

01-30-08 09:38 PM
    MY GOD GET THE CURVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the curve is a great phone. 2 megapixel camera with video coming to it very soon. huge *** screen, just think if you whip that bad boy out in class or something. get the curve. no questions asked, hands down. and i know. i had a pearl before the curve. the curve is definitely better
    01-31-08 11:58 PM
    thanks
    i think i'll get the curve
    but I soo badly wish that rogers would have the 8320!!!
    I WANT WIFI
    and I don't care about GPS
    so I think I'll just wait the next couple of days until the red 8310 comes out and get that...
    02-01-08 12:02 AM
    good choice. and yeah gps is kinda pointeless with blackberry maps, and well, my gps for the car lol
    02-05-08 04:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD