Current state of Blackberry gaming software
11-26-08 12:47 AM
- Why is there no decent games for the blackberry? Dont get me wrong I didint buy mine for gaming but I can get better games on a throw away cell phone. The new 3d metal gear game on cell phones is an example of how good a game can be nowdays, the blackberry is 10x the platform and we get stuck with pac-man, checkers and a multitude of games people would have been embarrised to use 10 years ago. I mean I know this isint a psp nor does it have the developers in games the iPhone has but cmon, pacman, checkers, and 500 versions of soduko? Surely they can do better then that. Maybe im missing some good games but so far in my search ive turned up nothing but junk.11-20-08 12:12 AM
- Why is there no decent games for the blackberry? Dont get me wrong I didint buy mine for gaming but I can get better games on a throw away cell phone. The new 3d metal gear game on cell phones is an example of how good a game can be nowdays, the blackberry is 10x the platform and we get stuck with pac-man, checkers and a multitude of games people would have been embarrised to use 10 years ago. I mean I know this isint a psp nor does it have the developers in games the iPhone has but cmon, pacman, checkers, and 500 versions of soduko? Surely they can do better then that. Maybe im missing some good games but so far in my search ive turned up nothing but junk.
You should check out the game Nintai though. Its still not cutting edge but kind of addictive. You can get a free trial here from crackberry.
Someone make some good games!
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com11-20-08 12:57 AM
- I bought a game called "The Final Battle"
Supposedly it supported the Bold resolution, but it did not. Totally useless. So I sent them this letter and fortunately got a refund.
To whom it may concern,
Today (Sunday) I ordered a game from the Crackberry.com store, the name of the game "The Final Battle". As an avid member of the Crackberry community, the game was recommended to me from another user. So I researched the game at The Final Battle, Adventure games. For any latest BlackBerry RIM phone, Pearl, Curve, 8800 etc (OS 4.0 and later). Action Games by CrazySoft. and new it was available from the Crackberry, so I of course chose to purchase from CrackberryStore.
Unfortunately, I'm unhappy with the purchase and hope to resolve my dilemma with a fix or a refund. Obviously since I just received the game late in the afternoon on Sunday I think it would be safe to say that it is humanly impossible for me to have completed the game, in fact I have not gone beyond the very first screen.
The problem is that the game is not at all good and or reasonably useable on the Blackberry Bold running a resolution of 480x320
Supported resolutions per the game developer QVGA, 240x260, 240x320, 320x240 & Half VGA, 480x320 support! Though the 480x320 is misleading.
I have communicated with a customer of yours running the game on a Blackberry Curve and they are getting full screen view. For me I am getting the game vertically displayed (Letterboxed left & right) as well as the tiniest of icons a consequence of the high resolution.
Attached are screenshots of how it is displaying on my Bold, please keep in mind that the physical size of the Bold, as you know, is smaller than what you will likely see on the screenshots.
I have looked for any possibility within the game to switch resolutions to no avail. If you were to try it for yourself you would certainly agree.
Considering all the aforementioned and the fact that this game does not really support the Bold as it's claimed to do, I'm requesting a refund and I will delete the program/game from my phone as I will not and cannot use it anyways. As you know I cannot, nor I would not, transfer the game to another user as the game is assigned to my Blackberry pin identification Please advise as to how we should proceed with this.
Kindest Regards and many thanks,11-20-08 02:19 AM
- Tre LawrenceBetween RealitiesAre you talking about games in general, or free games?
I would disagree somewhat; as someone who used to bemoan the dearth of apps on the Berry platform (former palm user), I would say there a lot of apps (and specifically games) for the Blackberry platform.
The thing is that there are not too many free ones.
If you are willing to drop cash, however, there is quite a wide selection of games available. Even Astraware (now part of Handmark) is making BlackBerry titles.
EA Sports has a large suite of games for sports lovers. Concrete has many titles that comprise strategy, card and even classic board games. Bplay carries numerous titles as well.11-20-08 06:24 AM
- Keep in mind that the point here is not BB Games, but BB Bold Games! Due to the resolution of the screen, not many of the BB targeted games are fit for the Bold. I downloaded a trial version of Multiplayer Chess yesterday and all I got was a white screen. Quickly uninstalled it for fear of it crashing my precious Bold.
What we need is a list of Bold approved and tested games.11-20-08 07:06 PM
- I bought and dowloaded Sim City Societies the other day and it is absolute garbage. It's impossible to see what the buildings represent and the controls are terrible. The 1994 original Sim City was 100x better than this piece of crap game.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com11-20-08 09:27 PM
- Popular at CrackBerry
- General BlackBerry Discussion
Current state of Blackberry gaming software
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD