I use a mac so no DM for me...So everything I delete has to be done through the applications list...so here are the things i'm curious about...I just wanna make sure its not going to mess anything up if I delete them:'

BlackBerry Japanese Characters and Font Support For Blackberry Handhelds
    Blackberry Chinese Characters and Font Support For Blackberry Handhelds
    Blackberry Maps (I use google maps)
    Blackberry Simplified Chinese Characters and Font Support For Blackberry Handhelds
    Blackberry Traditional Chinese Characters and Font Support For Blackberry Handhelds
    Documents To Go (If I delete this will I still be able to open email attachments or no? I have no need for creating only for reading)
    Help
    Password Keeper
    Tasks

All help is appreciated.
    05-22-09 03:33 PM
    You can delete all of that. If you have BlackBerry Attachment
    Service installed, yes you will still be able to open and read email
    attachments.

The one caveat is that most can't be deleted from the application
    list. Since you don't have a PC my suggestion would be MaxMem (OTA link)
    05-22-09 03:44 PM
    i have deleted all of the above from my bb (except docs to go), have not run into any problems. you should be just fine.
    05-22-09 03:46 PM
    I managed to delete all that stuff right from the apps list...my BB seems so much less cluttered now...its awesome...And it starts up in like a minute and a half rather than 3 or 4 min. Thanks guys!
    05-22-09 04:50 PM
    You can also hide the applications (so that they are installed) but don't show on the main menu.

I dont think having more installed apps will affect performance too much!
    05-22-09 06:18 PM
    Blackberry Maps (I use google maps)
    FYI, Google maps can be off by a mile (literally, and pun intended) because it uses cell tower triangulation on the Curve when it is on Verizon. The only GPS apps that work for a Verizon 8330 are BB Maps and VZ Nav.
    05-22-09 06:25 PM
    FYI, Google maps can be off by a mile (literally, and pun intended) because it uses cell tower triangulation on the Curve when it is on Verizon. The only GPS apps that work for a Verizon 8330 are BB Maps and VZ Nav.
    I thought they opened up google maps to work with the GPS in the device. At least verizon did with the storm, if I remember correctly they opened it up on the curve first.
    05-22-09 09:04 PM
    I thought they opened up google maps to work with the GPS in the device. At least verizon did with the storm, if I remember correctly they opened it up on the curve first.
    Currently, only the Storm has full GPS capability with 3rd party apps on Verizon.
    05-22-09 09:08 PM
    Currently, only the Storm has full GPS capability with 3rd party apps on Verizon.
    ahh alright, I don't know why I was thinking curve too, oh well. Something for the curve users to wish for.
    05-22-09 09:24 PM
    I would keep password keeper, it's useful when you need to remember multiple user name & password for different sites like bills...
    05-22-09 09:29 PM
    You can delete all of that. If you have BlackBerry Attachment
    Service installed, yes you will still be able to open and read email
    attachments.

The one caveat is that most can't be deleted from the application
    list. Since you don't have a PC my suggestion would be MaxMem (OTA link)
    I have heard about the Blackberry Attachment Service only yesterday first time and now in your post. What is that, how do I know if I have it and if I need it or not where to get it from?
    Thanks in advance.
    05-22-09 10:43 PM
    I have heard about the Blackberry Attachment Service only yesterday first time and now in your post. What is that, how do I know if I have it and if I need it or not where to get it from?
    Thanks in advance.
    If you're able to view and save and send attachments in emails, then you have it. If you don't have it, you should be able to install it by plugging your phone into your computer > open Desktop Manager > go to App Loader > Add/Remove Apps > Scroll in the list until you find and it and click the box next to it so that it has a check mark in it. Then click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
    05-22-09 10:46 PM
    If you're able to view and save and send attachments in emails, then you have it. If you don't have it, you should be able to install it by plugging your phone into your computer > open Desktop Manager > go to App Loader > Add/Remove Apps > Scroll in the list until you find and it and click the box next to it so that it has a check mark in it. Then click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Thanks alot! I must have it because I can view or save/send Attachment on my BB. However I don't remember getting it from DM>App Loader even tho I had used a lot the App loader.
    05-22-09 10:55 PM
    Thanks alot! I must have it because I can view or save/send Attachment on my BB. However I don't remember getting it from DM>App Loader even tho I had used a lot the App loader.
    No problem. It's usually "already there" on BB's without having to do anything. I can see exceptions for it not being there for those that tamper around with Jl_Cmder and other OS related things (like myself).
    05-22-09 11:04 PM
    I've also been wondering if it's safe to delete some of those applications. Good to know that it won't hurt anything!

So, it seems that you can only delete them from the DM App Loader. When I open my DM, the only applications that show up are the third party apps that I have downloaded. How do I get it to show the ones that came with the phone? (the ones that are listed by the OP)
    05-22-09 11:35 PM
    Jennlynn, you need to have a copy of your OS installed on your PC for the core apps and other utility apps to appear in apploader.

I can't see who your carrier is, but you can Google your carrier Blackberry software to download it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 11:51 PM
    Oh, ok. Thanks!

Edit: I'm not entirely sure how to do this. I looked in the 101 lecture series, but those insturctions are if I want to update the OS on my phone, which I don't want to do. Do I just download the OS from Verizon, save it anywhere on my PC, and then the applications will appear in the DM? Or are there other steps I have to do? I do apologize, I'm still a newbie.
    Last edited by Jennlyn1; 05-23-09 at 12:11 AM.
    05-22-09 11:52 PM
    You really can't delete them from the applications screen? I was able to do it on my 8330 earlier today
    05-23-09 01:47 AM
    Jennlyn, after you download the OS you have to install it on your PC. Once it is installed, when you open DM, Application Loader, then you will see everything, not just your 3rd party apps.

If you just want to delete apps, as Amosrock said, you can go to Options, Advanced, Application List, and delete apps from there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 01:52 AM
    Thank you. I did get it figured out. After I installed it, the core apps showed up. Thanks for the help.

I know I can delete them from the applications menu, but I thought certain ones could only be deleted from the DM.

Thanks for the help everyone.
    05-23-09 01:55 AM
    You do, apparently, have to be careful not to delete certain THEMES even if you don't use them. Other themes are dependent on some of the basic themes.
    05-23-09 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";