I have owned three blackberry's, and have noticed on all of them the trackball sounds crunchy when using it. I thought this wasa normal until I bought a new housing kit for an 8820 I have. The trackball that came with that housing is smooth as butter? Will the trackball get smooth over time, oe does it stay crunchy (sorry, only word I know to describe the sound and feel)? I haven't been a blackberry user for very long, and I wanted to get the opinion of some veterans. I have owned a curve, and I currently have two 8820's. Thanks guys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-09 04:37 PM
    There are different trackballs. Some are gritty, some aren't. I had a smooth one that had to be replaced because it quit catching.

05-09-09 04:52 PM
    mine is not like that, but i work at best buy mobile, and our demo blackberry bold's sounds like its "crunchy"
    05-09-09 05:44 PM
    Mine has a little crunch to it, but it works fine...
    05-09-09 07:08 PM
    i bought a color one off ebay and it felt crunchy. I hated it was hard to roll. I had to put my factory back in its smooth
    05-09-09 07:20 PM
    The reason that it is "crunchy" and a bit textured is so that it catches the rollers.
    05-09-09 07:54 PM
    Yeah all my trackballs taste crunchy too!

05-09-09 08:23 PM
    At first glance i thought this said crunchy tacos. Im sorry, I dont have an answer to your ques but I couldnt help but giggle
    05-09-09 08:26 PM
    U sure u just dnt have it set to sound on trackball and a slow speed?

05-10-09 02:00 AM
    the audible sound is off
    and my track ball makes a noise when scrolling but its not a loud one ....
    ive gottn use to it
    05-10-09 02:08 AM
    I think it's normal. I have the audible click turned off. I think it's just the texture of the trackball. Every blackberry I have owned had the sam crunchy feel and sound when using the trackball. I was just curious if anyone else had the same sound emenating from their trackballs, and if it smoothed up over time. Thanks for the answers and lol to bogie's reply.

05-10-09 04:16 PM
    P.s. - I freaking love my blackberry 8820. I can't wait for my otterbox defender case to get here.

05-10-09 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD