I was thinking if it would be possible to arrange with developers to get the most wanted apps like Netflix, bloomberg, instagram, pinterest, Spotify, yelp, etc... and finance this projects via crowd funding... maybe these firms will then create apps for bb10... what do you guys think.. at least we can try?

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 03:42 AM
    I don't think public companies like Facebook are interested in crowd funding these kind of development projects. Money isn't really an issue with them.
    08-08-13 03:47 AM
    A good effort,but think about that: developers do not port or make apps for BlackBerry because they think there are not so many costumers. Apps is something BB has to offer to us,we'll already pay for some apps. So I think it will be great just to demonstrate how many we are. Petition,or something like that. It should be enough if we show we are about 2-3 millions users in the world.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 03:49 AM
    A waste of time. Companies like Netflix have told blackberry where to go and how far it is to get there.

Blackberry offered up a team to work on a Netflix app for them and still said no. Most companies have the same stance now as they did before bb10 was even out.

Their market share is dwindling so can't see any "big app" coming anytime soon.
    Well if you believe Blackberry, they're all coming soon..

Keeps you moving to iOS, android or wp8.

Just be thankful you can side load. Otherwise BB10 would be in even worse shape.
    08-08-13 03:50 AM
    Petition!!! Let's all do it!

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 03:53 AM
    Btw I'm already thinking of switching to iOS7 in the next 6-9months.... JUST because of Apps (I need). I actually hate Apple.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 03:57 AM
    What?!? Which apps do you really need mate? With the 10.2 u will be able to sideload most of the android apps if you really need them. Try to make a petition and try to make it relevant to crackberry too.. If it will be on homepage,u'll see how many people will sign it

Posted via CB10
    ryanza likes this.
    08-08-13 04:06 AM
    The thing is I'm not 100% tech savvy... I don't know how to side load or to create a webpage... for the petition... but I think a petition via app would be better.. I will try to make this happen.. will see..

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 04:31 AM
    What?!? Which apps do you really need mate? With the 10.2 u will be able to sideload most of the android apps if you really need them. Try to make a petition and try to make it relevant to crackberry too.. If it will be on homepage,u'll see how many people will sign it

Posted via CB10
    Bloomberg, NetDania... atm

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 04:35 AM
    petitiononline.com
    Here you are Just create a new one,post it there and link it to crackberry' Kevin or Adam or James somehow..

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 04:38 AM
    petitiononline.com
    Here you are Just create a new one,post it there and link it to crackberry' Kevin or Adam or James somehow..

Posted via CB10
    ^^ thanks!

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 04:40 AM
    These petitions never go anywhere. But if your bored have fun.
    08-08-13 04:41 AM
    There is no need for them to go somewhere. We just need crackberry to promote the petition and people who sign.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 04:49 AM
    Have you created it?

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 10:30 AM
    Not yet,but I will ( I was at work) . I actually was thinking of an app that where every BlackBerry user can "vote/sign" for an most wanted app... the BlackBerry device code will be saved so everybody can just sign for an app just once... and this results will also be shown on a webpage... I will think about that and continue planing... I'm not able to do that on my own (programming).. I already contacted a friend ( a professional programmer)... will see what happens....

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 10:43 AM
    I'm interested in crowd funding for smaller developers. But there's no way big companies like Netflix, Instagram etc. will respond to crowd funding.

Posted via a ZeDex or PlayaBook
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    08-08-13 10:46 AM
    Interesting,even if something similar already exist. There is an app called..mmm.."I want that app" or something like that.. Anyway,whatever you decide,let us know asap

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 10:49 AM
    I'm interested in crowd funding for smaller developers. But there's no way big companies like Netflix, Instagram etc. will respond to crowd funding.

Posted via a ZeDex or PlayaBook
    True!! What about an own platform of a crowd funding community/page just specially for BlackBerry apps/ developers.. is that a crazy idea?

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 10:53 AM
    The thing is I'm not 100% tech savvy... I don't know how to side load or to create a webpage... for the petition... but I think a petition via app would be better.. I will try to make this happen.. will see..

Posted via CB10
    Sideloading made easy with the PlayBook App Manager Browser Plugin | CrackBerry.com
    So dead easy to sideload this way. There's really no excuse. Give it a try.
    08-08-13 10:57 AM
    Interesting,even if something similar already exist. There is an app called..mmm.."I want that app" or something like that.. Anyway,whatever you decide,let us know asap

Posted via CB10
    I know, but there are not much apps to choose... and I'm also looking for a different concept... if a developer can see that for example 20.000 BlackBerry user signed for his app he maybe will think about to create that Native App for BB10. Maybe I will add a section, where BlackBerry user can say (if they want) how much they're willing to pay for an 100% Native App that works smoothly.. so developer can see how much money they maybe will do... I will keep you all posted.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 11:01 AM
    Sideloading made easy with the PlayBook App Manager Browser Plugin | CrackBerry.com
    Thanks... I will!

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 11:02 AM
    For most people that's not a solution. They want to download an app from BB World and then be done.
    08-08-13 11:28 AM
    I was thinking if it would be possible to arrange with developers to get the most wanted apps like Netflix, bloomberg, instagram, pinterest, Spotify, yelp, etc... and finance this projects via crowd funding... maybe these firms will then create apps for bb10... what do you guys think.. at least we can try?

Posted via CB10
    Go for it.
    You can't get outside developers to do it, because the API's aren't open.
    So, maybe if you raise money and then give it the company with the site, they'll think about creating an app. Or, they'll just continue to ignore BB10.
    08-08-13 01:50 PM
    08-10-13 04:49 PM