Is there an elegant solution for creating actual screen video tutorials for the BlackBerry as opposed to repetitive screen shots? I'm tasked with putting together quite a bit of training for new software deployments and they want actual video as opposed to shots with narrative. Or am I going to have to rig a video camera right about the screen?

I thought I saw something out there before but searched only came up with screen shooters.

Then again, this could be really unreasonable as the horsepower required would make it prohibitive to encode the video too.

On the off chance I'm wrong and something great is out there... what is it?
    06-29-08 07:54 PM
    Of course there is.

Try Rove Mobile - Rove Mobile Viewer for BlackBerry Downloads.

Once you download, you hook up your BB, and once it loads, one of the options is "Record Video."
    06-29-08 08:06 PM
    Of course there is.

Try Rove Mobile - Rove Mobile Viewer for BlackBerry Downloads.

Once you download, you hook up your BB, and once it loads, one of the options is "Record Video."
    Son of a Goat! I love Rove already and I didn't know they had this offering. Thanks much!
    06-29-08 08:07 PM
    Son of a Goat! I love Rove already and I didn't know they had this offering. Thanks much!
    Yup! The only downside I found is that it doesn't record where the cursor is. In other words, when you scroll on messages for instance, it won't show whats currently selected, only the next images. But hey, it works enough!
    06-29-08 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD