I want Blackberry to read this and do it.

I have been wondering a lot lately has anyone made their own operating software for their blackberry? So they can add their own features?

Software can do just about anything, you just need to program it to.

I wanted to add some new features, I was wondering about paying a company to make OS software and new features...It shouldn't be that hard, it's not that sophisticated of a computer right?

I want:
    1. A record feature not only making voice memos/video as long as I want, and store them on the media card, but also make a seperate folder to allow me to record phone conversations for protecting myself legally when dealing with people for my business. You can even have a automated voice say that this call is recorded before the call is connected if you select to record when the caller ID comes on the screen. Speaking of recording, improve the microphone and sample rate of the recordings- make it available to select high quality or standard. Get Shure, or Blue to make a microphone for you. Be able to play a recording during a call back to the person.

2. A logging feature that can record GPS movement so I can log my miles from accurate GPS instead of a stupid piece of paper in my car. Either that, do a bluetooth connection to the odometer and the car can tell my blackberry every time I turn off the car how many miles traveled.

3. I want a 800 number attached to my blackberry where I can fax/email/voice/conference/and schedule meetings and have my blackberry call me when the meeting is coming up. Virtual assistant. I have this service right now, but it would be nicer to have it live and mobile.

4. I would like the camera put on the front to make video calls- come on guys we have 3G now for a few years now...Japan did it like 8 years ago. Ability to play a video off internet or stream your own video-saved on the phone or live to someone else. Japan has this feature for years...

5. Talk and type. Voice type feature, I have software at home to allow me to talk into my computer and it types for me. We have voice calling already- why not take it a step further and allow us to make emails/word documents on the fly while we are mobile.

6. Maybe modify the messenger service where you can talk and it types the message, and when you recieve a message it will read it to you. Don't make it sound like a computer. Make it sound like the autobot for customer care for tmobile.

7. Full size USB folded into the top of the phone, just plug in your phone straight into the USB port. Ability to use as a jump drive, modem, external hard drive, or peripheral device. Lets make the internal memory 160GB like a Ipod. Give us at least a year before we fill it up. Either that- or a bluetooth connection that is easy to drag and drop files back and forth from standard windows explorer

8. Full size touch screen, with full qwerty keyboard folds out underneath, supports flash and most video types. Improve the camera quality. Add stable shot, 10X digital zoom, improve the FPS (Frames Per Second) and night vision. All it is is software! Why not if you have internal memory of 160GB and 3G?

9. Unlimited calls, text and data for $49.99

10. Bluetooth/WiFi enabled 3G modem for any computer automatically/default a standard option that we dont have to do anything to it to enjoy that feature. Make it as easy as my laptop finding nearby networks and the blackberry is one of the networks available- password secure. Select and type in password and voila internet. No extra COST!!!! We are already paying for the internet idiots!

11. Blue tooth will print documents, faxes and pictures to a bluetooth printer, and will automatically connect to my computer and dump the day's information onto my computer where a interactive intranet site off my hard drive will manage all my documents and media and logs, biz info, and schedule.

12. Easy access to Micro SD card in side for additional storage. Dont be stingy how many GB the card can be.

All these things are just software, you need better programmers if you can't do it! The hardware seems to be a little slow on my Pearl. The Iphone is pretty quick, take some notes...
    Last edited by benjamite; 04-16-09 at 01:27 PM.
    04-16-09 01:15 PM
    I want mine to bake a cheesecake, scrub the shower and continually vibrate for 10+ minutes.

*holds breath*
    04-16-09 01:20 PM
    Not sure what RIM would have to do with this.

I want mine to bake a cheesecake, scrub the shower and continually vibrate for 10+ minutes.

*holds breath*

Cheesecake- No fair.... Now I am hungry. As for the shower, it would not work, as the balckberry will get water damage lol

And for the Vib thing. - No comment.
    Last edited by yester18; 04-16-09 at 01:25 PM.
    04-16-09 01:22 PM
    Many Crackberrians write 3rd Party apps for Blackberries, and some of the Storm gang have been experimenting with creating hybrid OSs using the code from different builds and mixing and matching them.
    04-16-09 01:23 PM
    continually vibrate for 10+ minutes.
    04-16-09 01:25 PM
    for number 5 try vlingo
    04-16-09 01:26 PM

*holds breath*
    Uhh,hmm. Well, I had thoughts but they magically disappeared before I could get myself into DEEEEP trouble.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 01:29 PM
    Not sure what RIM would have to do with this.

Cheesecake- No fair.... Now I am hungry. As for the shower, it would not work, as the balckberry will get water damage lol

And for the Vib thing. - No comment.
    sorry How about tiramisu instead?
    04-16-09 01:29 PM
    Quite a hefty list there, ben.

How about add the ability to teleport, too? Perhaps add a Mr. Fusion into the mix, I don't know.

C'mon, McFly.
    04-16-09 01:30 PM
    Quite a hefty list there, ben.

How about add the ability to teleport, too? Perhaps add a Mr. Fusion into the mix, I don't know.

C'mon, McFly.
    The sad thing is the phones already do all of these things- just not to this extent and not in one phone...

It's realistic to build a phone like this now...
    04-16-09 01:35 PM
    The sad thing is the phones already do all of these things- just not to this extent and not in one phone...

It's realistic to build a phone like this now...
    No, that I do agree with you on. But the probablility of North American phones being built like this? Wa waaa waaaaaaaa.
    04-16-09 01:38 PM

I want Haagen Daaz Ice cream instead...

How about an women version with "ergonomic" shape, and three vibration modes, soft, medium and oh s@!#$!
    04-16-09 01:41 PM
    I'm more of a chocolate/vanilla swirl Snack Pack man, myself.
    04-16-09 01:49 PM
    I'm more of a chocolate/vanilla swirl Snack Pack man, myself.
    you ARE a snack pack....you saucy little tart
    04-16-09 01:53 PM
    you ARE a snack pack....you saucy little tart
    That is the craziest thing I've ever heard! Haha!

YOU are the saucy little tart, Jen.
    04-16-09 01:56 PM
    I want my BB to fly

Seriously Ben, firstly it's a Blackberry, it does not have to have the features like Japanese phones! I mean, I don't want my BB to be some weird super machine really :/
    04-16-09 02:19 PM
    I want my BB to fly

Seriously Ben, firstly it's a Blackberry, it does not have to have the features like Japanese phones! I mean, I don't want my BB to be some weird super machine really :/
    I'm sure that's why we are all here on a site called CrackBerry! No weird people here!

Oh wait, I'm one of THEM! crap.

Seriously though, If these crackberrys are supposed to do more than a phone can, and supposed to make our lives easier, then blackberry needs to design phones for our lives rather than a boatload of fufu bells and whistles. Most people I know with Blackberrys are busy people.

So far, I have spent just as much time fiddling with my berry trying to get it to do something useful than actually using it to make my life easier.

All I am saying is, phones/berry's already do all those things I asked for. I want them to streamline and complete what they do in such a way that it is useful, easy to use and trouble free without all the fiddling. All in ONE phone.

I am busy guy and would like my phone help me do what phones are supposed to do. Communicate/organize better.
    04-16-09 03:59 PM
    Haha you know the saying, "ask and you shall find" well I just got a Google G1 Phone and well, it has almost to the letter every single feature that I just listed underneath this text and some others it didn't! It is the best phone I have ever used!! Truly a smart phone without all the blackberry issues. My blackberry still doesn't work right.

I am not getting rid of this thing for a LONG time! Awesome Awesome Awesome!

im out! Peace! Have fun with your blackberrys!

-B

I want Blackberry to read this and do it.

I have been wondering a lot lately has anyone made their own operating software for their blackberry? So they can add their own features?

Software can do just about anything, you just need to program it to.

I wanted to add some new features, I was wondering about paying a company to make OS software and new features...It shouldn't be that hard, it's not that sophisticated of a computer right?

I want:
    1. A record feature not only making voice memos/video as long as I want, and store them on the media card, but also make a seperate folder to allow me to record phone conversations for protecting myself legally when dealing with people for my business. You can even have a automated voice say that this call is recorded before the call is connected if you select to record when the caller ID comes on the screen. Speaking of recording, improve the microphone and sample rate of the recordings- make it available to select high quality or standard. Get Shure, or Blue to make a microphone for you. Be able to play a recording during a call back to the person.

2. A logging feature that can record GPS movement so I can log my miles from accurate GPS instead of a stupid piece of paper in my car. Either that, do a bluetooth connection to the odometer and the car can tell my blackberry every time I turn off the car how many miles traveled.

3. I want a 800 number attached to my blackberry where I can fax/email/voice/conference/and schedule meetings and have my blackberry call me when the meeting is coming up. Virtual assistant. I have this service right now, but it would be nicer to have it live and mobile.

4. I would like the camera put on the front to make video calls- come on guys we have 3G now for a few years now...Japan did it like 8 years ago. Ability to play a video off internet or stream your own video-saved on the phone or live to someone else. Japan has this feature for years...

5. Talk and type. Voice type feature, I have software at home to allow me to talk into my computer and it types for me. We have voice calling already- why not take it a step further and allow us to make emails/word documents on the fly while we are mobile.

6. Maybe modify the messenger service where you can talk and it types the message, and when you recieve a message it will read it to you. Don't make it sound like a computer. Make it sound like the autobot for customer care for tmobile.

7. Full size USB folded into the top of the phone, just plug in your phone straight into the USB port. Ability to use as a jump drive, modem, external hard drive, or peripheral device. Lets make the internal memory 160GB like a Ipod. Give us at least a year before we fill it up. Either that- or a bluetooth connection that is easy to drag and drop files back and forth from standard windows explorer

8. Full size touch screen, with full qwerty keyboard folds out underneath, supports flash and most video types. Improve the camera quality. Add stable shot, 10X digital zoom, improve the FPS (Frames Per Second) and night vision. All it is is software! Why not if you have internal memory of 160GB and 3G?

10. Bluetooth/WiFi enabled 3G modem for any computer automatically/default a standard option that we dont have to do anything to it to enjoy that feature. Make it as easy as my laptop finding nearby networks and the blackberry is one of the networks available- password secure. Select and type in password and voila internet. No extra COST!!!! We are already paying for the internet idiots!

11. Blue tooth will print documents, faxes and pictures to a bluetooth printer, and will automatically connect to my computer and dump the day's information onto my computer where a interactive intranet site off my hard drive will manage all my documents and media and logs, biz info, and schedule.

12. Easy access to Micro SD card in side for additional storage. Dont be stingy how many GB the card can be.

All these things are just software, you need better programmers if you can't do it! The hardware seems to be a little slow on my Pearl. The Iphone is pretty quick, take some notes...
    05-14-09 10:54 AM
    This might be practicle for you and your buisness but may not be ideal for everyone else. If RIM does anything they should alloe the customer to be able to choose their own features/software. I would adore a better camera and this can be done. Tmobile has the memior(spelling) that came out with a 8 mega pixels. On dell.com you can customise your features. Well your phone should have that option as well as having better standard things on the phone and still be affordable. As far as 49.99 that's a total carrier issue but for the record I pay 130.xx a month for unlimited everything on TWO blackberrys thanks tmobile!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 11:14 AM
    I didnt read all the posts but what I found funny is like a bunch of what was asked for already exists and some is just obviously rediculous
    05-14-09 11:35 AM
    ...and continually vibrate for 10+ minutes.
    *holds breath*
    The expression in your avatar MAKES this comment
    05-14-09 01:23 PM
    You don't want much do you!
    Some of those things would be nearing impossible.
    05-16-09 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD