My BB can download upto 150mb throgh blackberry internet service without using any of the service book changes or without making any changes to the blackberry browser.

I just tried to make this unlimited using the NET BROWSER fix available in most of the forums but the problem it has is it uses the wap gateway and for the data that you use, you will be charged.

My idea is to get an unlimited downloading limit through using BIS as its browsing is free there should be a way to fix this. Simply this equals to paying 10$ and getting an Unlimited data bundle. At the moment I can go upto 150MB at once. Does anyone know to fix this and make it unlimited without fixing it through a wap gateway used by netbrowser fix?
    01-01-11 09:28 PM
    It seems as though you are trying to evade the data charges by your carrier. If that can be done legally, that's fine, but CrackBerry does not support nor condone theft of service nor the dissemination of hacks or cracks for that purpose.
    01-01-11 09:57 PM
    My carrier says browsing and downloading using blackberry browser is free with my BB plan it does not indicate a limit but it says for streaming videos and theres data charges applicable. So its legal as far as i know and i just want to increase the download limit..
    01-01-11 10:55 PM
    There is always a limit. "Unlimited" generally means up to 5GB per month. When BlackBerry devices were used for mostly text email, 5GB was equivalent to unlimited. Be careful with streaming video. You can easily get excess data charges.
    helawick likes this.
    01-01-11 11:01 PM
    Thanks a lot for the info JeffH..I think theres no download limit in Sri Lanka(my country) as theres no fair usage policy here..Do you have any idea as how to increase the limit of a single download in my browser it allows only 150 mb for one file and if its more than that it says content too large. If I use the Netbrowser service book fix it goes through wap and charges as same as for video streaming..Any idea how to fix this (lift the download limit of a single download)?
    01-01-11 11:13 PM
    I'm sorry; I don't know the answer to your question. Complaints about the download size limit are common in the forum. By your reference to a service book fix, it's apparent that you know more about the problem than I do. I hope someone else can help.
    01-01-11 11:21 PM
    Yeah thanks a lot for trying to help me..I have a servicebook which uses the wap gateway and it removes the downloading limit of the browser. I have tried and downloaded about 450mb file to my blackberry without anyproblem and this even suits for people without BBIS, as it uses the APN of a normal data plan..If anyone wants to know I can Include the steps of doing this.
    01-01-11 11:29 PM
    I can't find it now, but I recall a thread mentioning the limit is built in to the software in order to prevent RIM's servers from being overloaded by traffic. Came across it while looking into the file transfer limit for RIM's messenger clients (yahoo, WLM, BBM, etc) set at 2019 mb. Didn't find an answer, but I was more curious than actually looking for a solution.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    helawick likes this.
    01-02-11 01:23 AM
    Do you have any idea as what the limit is for the browser? A lot of people say its just 2.9 mb in thier devices but mine can go upto 150mb..
    01-02-11 07:40 AM
    Do you have any idea as what the limit is for the browser? A lot of people say its just 2.9 mb in thier devices but mine can go upto 150mb..
    Bolt can do it, same with opera mini. Try it. Wifi is unlimited, I was able to download a 719MB file, over wifi. Didn't test it over 3G due to my 1GB data bucket from telus.

01-02-11 07:49 AM
    As I recall, that 2.9mb limit is email attachment size. Not sure of browser limitations.
    helawick likes this.
    01-02-11 07:52 AM
    Bolt can do it, same with opera mini. Try it. Wifi is unlimited, I was able to download a 719MB file, over wifi. Didn't test it over 3G due to my 1GB data bucket from telus.

Bolt and opera uses the wap gateway and it will charge for the data as you said. I have only 200mb free data. Tour doesn't have wifi the only way is to find a way to lift the limit of the BB browser because browsing is free in many packages and for the downloads you do using your BIS is free but not through WAP or APN.
    01-02-11 08:26 AM
    Bolt and opera uses the wap gateway and it will charge for the data as you said. I have only 200mb free data. Tour doesn't have wifi the only way is to find a way to lift the limit of the BB browser because browsing is free in many packages and for the downloads you do using your BIS is free but not through WAP or APN.
    In this case I would suggest downloading the data using your computer then transfer the files to your blackberry. I assume it's video files you're trying to download.

01-02-11 08:32 AM
    As I recall, that 2.9mb limit is email attachment size. Not sure of browser limitations.
    Yes Sandman, you are on the money for the email limit- I remember a thread not too long ago about someone with the email limitation that I posted in
    As for browser limitations, I don't know that either as I don't dwnld a lot from my bb-if I need something large file size(ie-movie), like someone suggested, dnld to your computer & then transfer said files to the bb.

01-02-11 11:40 AM
    In this case I would suggest downloading the data using your computer then transfer the files to your blackberry. I assume it's video files you're trying to download.

Sounds like the problem is his home ISP charges more for data than having an unlimited BB plan on his phone. Therefore he wants to download the stuff on his BB to avoid using up his limit on his home ISP.

Have you ever considered trying a free WiFi hotspot? Not sure how many of those there are around you, but that would help.
    Omar2015 likes this.
    01-02-11 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD