So last night my roomate was standing in front of the TV holding a remote control and he dropped it. Right. On. My. Blackberry.

So there's a huge 5 armed crack radiating out from the center of the screen which I didn't really think would be that big of a deal, as that top piece of glass is just a $10 replacement from what I've been able to find out from research. The crappy part is that last night in the dark I noticed there's a smaller, but similar crack (maybe 3/8" in diameter) in the actual LCD. So I don't want to cost him a whole lot of money, but I also don't want to have to live with looking at that for the next year.

How hard is replacing the LCD going to be if I try to tackle it? Are there instructions for this somewhere? What's the cost going to be? And am I better off having him just replace it for me? It's a CDMA Curve through Alltel. No insurance.
    10-27-08 08:37 AM
    Cellular Accessories - Samsung, Microsoft, Motorola, SonyEricsson, Alcatel, BenQ-Siemens, Nokia, BlackB. Try here

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-08 08:38 AM
    I've been poking around a bit and managed to find this:

cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-curve-830083108320-screen-p-1996.html

So the question becomes, will that screen work even though it doesn't specifically say it's for an 8330?
    Last edited by chrischerman; 10-27-08 at 09:43 AM.
    10-27-08 08:50 AM
    im gonna order one and ill keep everyone posted!
    10-27-08 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD