I bought my blackberry yesterday. i cracked the screen and was wondering if i can return it to the store and get a new one or if there is a way to fix it myself. thank you
    06-12-09 04:55 PM
    I am in the same boat.
    My girlfriend's 8330 has a cracked screen. The screen still functions. I do have insurance but if I can fix it myself cheaper I'd prefer that. Is it possible to replace the plastic cover or the whole LCD assembly? if so how much is the part, where can I find it and how do I take it apart? Thanks in advance I will search more too.
    -Chris
    06-24-09 04:01 PM
    If you purchased the phone new and have insurance you could consider that option...I doubt they will just swap phones for free; if you fix it yourself you will probably void your warranty. I believe there are OEM repair centers that can fix it and not void your warranty..
    If you purchased the phone used you could consider fixing it yourself...it's not that difficult if you can follow instructions and have the proper tools; plus you have no warranty to void.
    Last edited by bumblesbounce; 06-24-09 at 04:47 PM.
    06-24-09 04:45 PM
    All carriers have a return policy for new phones purchased and they should be able to replace it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 06:24 PM
    All carriers have a return policy for new phones purchased and they should be able to replace it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    if the screen was cracked from the factory yes...but if they cracked it no.
    06-24-09 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD