CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default CrackBerry and Yahoo Finance

Howdy All,

Just curious why CrackBerry is never featured on BBRY results for Yahoo! Finance?
    I'm sick and tired of reading articles from the Fool, Alpha, Forbes, etc. that are clearly in a AAPL or BBRY short position. They are street bloggers who know nothing about the device, don't know how to use a phone, and are on the AAPL bandwagon who don't want to see that 30% drop in stock (AAPL) price lost. The only saving grace is the comments section that rip apart the stupidity they blog about...IMO.

The above mentioned sites seem to dominate the articles for BBRY, but I do see sites like BRG, Giz, AllThingsApple...I mean AllThingsDigital; Actual tech sites.

So to my original question, just curious why CrackBerry isn't featured on the site? Does it require CrackBerry to pay to have their articles on there? Or is it just the Yahoo! picking and choosing?
    IMO, Yahoo! isn't being 'fair and balanced' by choosing sites that are...basically pro AAPL and want to spin BBRY articles. I NEVER see CrackBerry, N4BB, BerryReview, BBOS, etc. Someone who is pro BBRY to give that other opinion.

All the above IMO, of course.

/rant
    Well, not really a rant...only a few parts maybe haha. Just curious? CrackBerry is probably the largest site for BBRY, yet a large site like Yahoo! Finance doesn't feature any articles? Maybe it requires [BBRY] to be included in the blogs to get ticker hit haha.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

To be fair Yahoo is not a place to gather any form of news and information. The site recycled news from other sources. It's main interest is to get as many hits as possible. Like any tabloid newspapers at the checkout counter, it's modus operandi is sensationalism. The importance of Yahoo exposure is insignificant. It has no credibility when it comes to actual news reporting.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Default Re: CrackBerry and Yahoo Finance

Quote Originally Posted by bambinoitaliano View Post
    To be fair Yahoo is not a place to gather any form of news and information. The site recycled news from other sources. It's main interest is to get as many hits as possible. Like any tabloid newspapers at the checkout counter, it's modus operandi is sensationalism. The importance of Yahoo exposure is insignificant. It has no credibility when it comes to actual news reporting.
    Yahoo! is by far, bambino is a place to go for news. The main reason to look at Yahoo! for news is because they bring a lot of sources into one main directory, which is what Yahoo! is, a directory. They don't report the news, but allow people to access articles from many different sources instead of having to venture to 20 different sites. All listings for the news topic on one page.

What I am asking is why CrackBerry is never featured with their articles when other similar sites are.
    CrackBerry User

Personally I'm still bitter about what the Yahoo CEO said concerning the Blackberry and its status as a smartphone.While that might sound childish, I'd like to add that I don't wish doom upon Yahoo the way the Yahoo CEO sees doom in Blackberry. In fact I wish them well because the world wide web (just like the smartphone world) should not be monopolized or duopolized. Still, I would NOT visit them for Blackberry related news. Good or bad.