I have recently joined the BB revolution (Curve 8530) thanks to my employer. I love the phone and feel that it has helped me stay on top of my job better as well as help me manage my customers more efficiently. I heard about Crackberry.com the other day and decided to check it out. I think this a great site. Very informative. However, it seems like all I ever find on the daily posts and vids are about the Storm and Torch. Does anyone else feel as if the website is catering more towards these two models? I know a lot of people with BB's and they have the Curve 8530 or older models as well.
    09-20-10 01:43 PM
    Considering the Torch is the newest device on the market then I see why they are tlaking about it and such. The storm users are just storm users and are mad about OS 6, etc, the new storm 2 refresh and the storm three.
    09-20-10 01:46 PM
    Maybe because there isn't much news recently about other devices...?
    09-20-10 01:47 PM
    The fluff and puff about the Storm 3 and the Torch is pretty simple. everything that can be covered about the 81xx,82xx83xx,85xx,89xx,90xx,95xx,96xx, and 9700 has already been covered. And these /the 9800 and storm 3/ are Blackberries "next gen" devices.

At this point in the game it's a waiting game for RIM to release OS6 to the devices that are getting it, and looking forward to the next gen devices....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-10 01:51 PM
    yeah... basically, every time a new device comes out we go overkill on it.... that helps make sure we've covered everything. we do have some stuff in the works that'll help level the playing field out though. keep your eyes locked to crackberry!
    09-20-10 03:06 PM
    Thanks Kevin. That means a lot when I hear back from the founder themselves! How often does one get to comment on a website their visiting as well as get a response from it's founder! Great site and keep it up...what better way to kill some time at work than on Crackberry.com!!
    09-20-10 03:18 PM
    Thanks Kevin. That means a lot when I hear back from the founder themselves! How often does one get to comment on a website their visiting as well as get a response from it's founder! Great site and keep it up...what better way to kill some time at work than on Crackberry.com!!
    That's all I do at work since most other sites are blocked
    09-20-10 03:51 PM
    Welcome to the site! You are right in your estimation about the site, it is a great source of information.

09-20-10 07:33 PM
    Welcome Aup, what I generally do is head over to my device's forum and others that deal with general BlackBerry info, so I don't notice the emphasis on the newer devices. Also, check out the off-topic areas.

09-20-10 10:07 PM
    well the curve 8530 is towards a smaller market. Its not a global device and such but whenever there are news on other devices they do their job on it...
    09-20-10 10:17 PM
    Had you been around here for a while, you would have noticed similar coverage and posting for any new device. Once a new BlackBerry is introduced, the Torch forums will probably cool off considerably.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-21-10 01:40 AM
    It'll really start to cool off for devices that have been superseded by other ones. For example the Tour forum was going really strong in the beginning, and now that the 9650 Bold replaced it, it's not quite so busy.

Kind of cool seeing a bunch of coverage on new devices. Im holding out to see if they come out with one impressive enough to steal former bb users back...
    09-21-10 02:21 AM
    It's the users that drive the topics, not the website or forum.

If there are more threads about the Torch or Storm that's because these are more popular phones and therefore generate more discussion.

Each phone has it's own specific forum so I'm sure you'll be welcome in there and don't feel put off by the Torch and Storm posts.

09-21-10 04:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD