I remember John Chen said in an interview that when the Priv was confirmed that he at times felt like crackberry site users were gonna cause some kind of harm to him or something. So much that they had to put out comms reassuring BlackBerry10 fans that they won't abandon BlackBerry 10.

Now, I read through this site and get a very strong feeling that it's users on here that will cause the Priv to fail.. if at all it does. Not necessarily their fault alone but they will play a big part.

Guys, please stop.

I understand that we are all entitled to our opinions but the constant bickering, moaning, dissing etc.. is nothing but self harm. BlackBerry is doing the right thing but releasing an Android phone. If you don't like it that's fine. BlackBerry 10 is not going anywhere so you're safe.

For those who go all negative on the Priv because it does not do somethings the BlackBerry 10 way.. just stop. It's an android phone. Accept that fact and deal with it or stay with BlackBerry 10 and get on with your life.

Eitherways BlackBerry wins and I'm sure you have nothing against that.

I'm just tired of all your boring me me me moaning.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB, walt63 and ki11ak3nn like this.
    11-01-15 12:05 PM
    Yawn

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 12:06 PM
    Most of us don't want the priv with android an that's that. Am 21 and lots of my friends have BB10 phones and we just don't want android peroid apps or no apps.

Posted via CB10
    Asvertus, roleli and jope28 like this.
    11-01-15 12:37 PM
    Because you say so? LOL
    11-01-15 12:48 PM
    If somebody is killing BlackBerry, it is BlackBerry itself.
    Be it their marketing - or rather the lack of it. Be it their launch philosophy. Be it their pricing strategy - especially outside of the US.

Posted via CB10
    Asvertus likes this.
    11-01-15 12:53 PM
    BlackBerry can blame themselves for poor hardware sales. Part of the reason why hardware sales are so low is because everyone has been waiting for a high end, all touch device with BlackBerry 10.

As a result, users like myself, have been waiting to purchase a new device that just isn't available so we have been patiently waiting and hanging on to our out of date devices or moving on to other platforms and ecosystems as opposed to buying out of date and obsolete BlackBerry hardware.

Fast forward and BlackBerry finally decides to release a new device, however we are now greeted with an Android after patiently waiting.

So the question is do we buy a Z30 with BlackBerry 10 that will be obsolete in about a year with no updates or do we buy a PRIV with Android or do we simply move on to iOS, Windows Mobile 10, or other Android variant?

How are CrackBerry users to blame once again? It's a miracle the loyal fans and supporters, such as myself are all still here!

Sent from a beat up and aging Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Asvertus likes this.
    11-01-15 12:55 PM
    I remember John Chen said in an interview that when the Priv was confirmed that he at times felt like crackberry site users were gonna cause some kind of harm to him or something.
    Nobody cares enough to do anything like that. It is a.phone. I think the idea is spreading that Chen has proven to be fairly incompetent.

So much that they had to put out comms reassuring BlackBerry10 fans that they won't abandon BlackBerry 10.
    They have done no such thing. In fact, their last news release on the subject essentially confirms that this is the plan.

Now, I read through this site and get a very strong feeling that it's users on here that will cause the Priv to fail.. if at all it does. Not necessarily their fault alone but they will play a big part.
    Not enough people know crackberry exists to cause the priv to fail. What will make it fail is that it is 1. Overpriced. 2. Uses the last generation android OS. 3. Is a slider and not a slab. 4. Is, by the CEO own admission, inferior to Blackphone.

BlackBerry is doing the right thing but releasing an Android phone.
    That is your opinion. I disagree.
    Asvertus likes this.
    11-01-15 01:08 PM
    BlackBerry can blame themselves for poor hardware sales. Part of the reason why hardware sales are so low is because everyone has been waiting for a high end, all touch device with BlackBerry 10.

As a result, users like myself, have been waiting to purchase a new device that just isn't available so we have been patiently waiting and hanging on to our out of date devices or moving on to other platforms and ecosystems as opposed to buying out of date and obsolete BlackBerry hardware.

Fast forward and BlackBerry finally decides to release a new device, however we are now greeted with an Android after patiently waiting.

So the question is do we buy a Z30 with BlackBerry 10 that will be obsolete in about a year with no updates or do we buy a PRIV with Android or do we simply move on to iOS, Windows Mobile 10, or other Android variant?

How are CrackBerry users to blame once again? It's a miracle the loyal fans and supporters, such as myself are all still here!

Sent from a beat up and aging Z10.

Posted via CB10
    I think the point is that users like yourself who do want a high end all touch device are not large enough in number to save the hardware business at BlackBerry. So why bother making more phones on a platform that isn't selling? They don't have the deep pockets like Microsoft too keep running at a deficit and hope it eventually becomes viable.

Posted via CB10
    walt63 likes this.
    11-01-15 01:12 PM
    Uh no, according to the title we are killing BlackBerry. I am not against BlackBerry going Android. They have to do what they have to do to survive, however it sounds like the OP is throwing blame around and I for one have stuck with BlackBerry, hence I am still using the Z10. Is the PRIV out of the question? No, however I'm on the fence and am considering all my options which some of them are not BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 02:09 PM
    Doesn't it make someone a "sheep" if they blindly buy what a phone manufacturer sells? That seems to be what most in here say about people that use iPhones. "They are sheep and are a member of a cult that buys whatever garbage Apple makes." Whats the difference?
    11-01-15 02:20 PM
    Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one!

I'm pretty sure that anyone that's not a member of crackberry isn't going to allow the opinions of BB10 die hards put them off purchasing the the Priv. The non BlackBerry users that would jump on the Priv are current android users. The only gripes most of us have with the Priv is that it's running Google spyware formally known as android.

BlackBerry has sold us down the river good and proper. All BB10 will see now is minor security patches....

Q10 - 10.3.2.2639/SR .2474  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    11-01-15 02:25 PM
    I agree with the OP, these forums crap on BlackBerry just as much as the Verge, BGR, or any other site does. It's rather depressing.

I don't blame Chen for flipping you guys the bird and going Android. BB10 users are no value to the company. Probably losing money supporting you. Sounds harsh but it's the truth.

Time for BB10 users to face a tough decision, hop on board or move to another company. Because with the Priv, BlackBerry has the opportunity to gain 2-3 users for every lost one. I believe that they could do it to.

#gobbry

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-01-15 02:34 PM
    Time for BB10 users to face a tough decision, hop on board or move to another company. Because with the Priv, BlackBerry has the opportunity to gain 2-3 users for every lost one. I believe that they could do it to.

#gobbry

I am wondering what people would do if Chen would've announced a complete end for their hardware business instead of going the Android route. This way people would be forced to a different OS plattform anyways, sooner or later at least.
    Now they are giving it a try with Android, so people can at least get BlackBerry hardware with their physical keyboard instead of only having a choice between competing manufacturers like Samsung, Apple or LG.

BB10 was a flop. I hate to admit it, since I really like the OS, but the sales numbers speak for themselves. Keep hanging on BB10 would be an endless moneyhole, the situation of the OS won't magically change. Even if they would release a device with killer hardware, they'd still suffer from poor developer support. The Priv again is a great example: Some reviewers already stated they are excited to try out the Android Priv, when asked about a BB10 version of the same device, they weren't interested - due to the lack of an ecosystem.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 02:57 PM
    I agree with the OP, these forums crap on BlackBerry just as much as the Verge, BGR, or any other site does. It's rather depressing.

I don't blame Chen for flipping you guys the bird and going Android. BB10 users are no value to the company. Probably losing money supporting you. Sounds harsh but it's the truth.

#gobbry

So you saying just because we want the best OS on the market on the priv and not android we are talking crap about BlackBerry. Get the **** out a here

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 03:01 PM
    Just changed my signature before visiting anything. Looks like there was a reason.... :-D

Android for mass market app-eal, I understand that. Still, a BB10 version would be aBBreciated...

 Priv New World ...? :-| 
    11-01-15 03:16 PM
    while i understand where the OP is coming from this thread is just generating more negativity.
    11-01-15 03:31 PM