Have any of you out there experienced 'CrackBerry Thumb'? If so, we want to here your stories here!

How does it feel? Is it curable? Or is the 'CrackBerry Thumb' thing all a myth...

Lets discuss!
    07-27-07 08:22 AM
    I dont think Crackberry Thumb is a myth...?There have been days when i have texted to an extent i had to get hand massage ( my massage therapist did it on a condition tht my berry was switched off during that time)

wcbstv.com - Video Library.
    07-27-07 08:38 AM
    This would be the same thing as "Nintendo thumb" from back in the day of too much video gaming. Although I have never experienced I would think it is real and not a myth. Could it be called a temporary carpel tunnel type situation?
    07-27-07 08:52 AM
    It is certainly not a myth. I've had my cb for 8 days and my thumb needs a helmet.
    07-27-07 11:23 AM
    Not a myth, ouch
    07-27-07 11:24 AM
    definitely not a myth any more than Tennis Elbow, or the like..... I get it really bad because I have a trackball at work instead of a mouse, so I get it with both barrels.
    07-27-07 12:05 PM
    It is certainly not a myth. I've had my cb for 8 days and my thumb needs a helmet.

Design a helmet for your thumb like those little plastic caps for your fingers when dealing with papers and mail to prevent you from always getting cut.
    07-27-07 12:28 PM
    I will tell you about Blackberry Thumb James.....

If f****ing hurts...! I regularly suffer craps and my thumbs actually have fits!
    07-27-07 03:33 PM
    My thumbs hurt. Mommy!
    07-27-07 04:12 PM
    Not a myth. My right thumb is permanently swollen and in pain. Giving up my Pearl is not an option.
    07-27-07 07:02 PM
    I am getting a lttle callus on the edge of my right thumb -
    07-27-07 07:44 PM
    It's not a myth at all. I've read medical articles about people having all sorts of problems with the pain shooting down their thumbs from overusing their BB's.

There was even some article about a spa in a hotel that offers massages for people that overuse their thumbs due to their BB's etc....

If I have a lot of clients that I have to get back to, there have been weeks where my thumbs are aching. My notes are quite lengthy.

Gia
    07-27-07 07:54 PM
    i can now pop my thumbs in three places because of this
    07-27-07 10:30 PM
    I've owned my 8300 for just over 2 weeks having switched from a Treo 680 - Yes my thumb hurt for the first week, but it's getting use to the abuse and I'm no longer noticing it
    07-30-07 06:16 AM
    I've taken an unofficial survey of my crackberry friends of all models. It seems as though Peal users are paying a greater price for our cute little friends!

We've been calling it the Pearl mutation.

No pain ... no private communications during really long boring meetings!!
    07-30-07 11:45 AM
    Since I switched from the 8700 to the Curve, "BB Thumb" all healed..so far
    07-30-07 12:29 PM
    i've had it a few times... first was when i started using my 7130e, but i worked through that... i also relate it to "nintendo thumb"... i think i don't get BB thumb because i used to get a lot of nintendo thumb

the other 2 times i got it were when i was put in a cast and it became awkward, and for a short period when i upgraded to an 8830
    07-30-07 02:13 PM
    Owie - jammed my right thumb into the door frame this morning. Hurts like crazy and it's all swollen.
    Gonna have to learn how to use BB without my thumb for a while.

My new bifocals (that I got so I could see my BB) are causing me to be very clumsy today. It's a vicious cycle...
    07-30-07 03:13 PM
    It's not a myth...I've only had my BB for about 3 days now and my thumb aches just like if I was gaming on Nintendo back in the day! LOL. I guess that's just a hazard of owning one. I wonder if RIM put a warning message on the box???
    07-30-07 03:16 PM
    Eh, I'm afraid I'm there, it's real. It's definitely not a carpel tunnel thing, as that has to do specifically with a radial portion of the wrist.

I've heard of these thumb massages, maybe I'll give it a try. I definitely need to retain use of my digits, I'm single!
    07-15-08 07:42 AM
    No problem with my thumbs just yet =]

I hope NEVER!!!
    07-15-08 08:27 AM
    Does this all mean that Blackberries are better than sex?! (And does a painful thumb affect your sex life?) I suppose innovation is the answer!
    07-15-08 09:22 AM
    Just a myth. Use my BB all day every day for over
    a year and no thumb issues.

People!! WTF??
    07-15-08 09:25 AM
    just a question : how can the thumbs be pained ? (i'm not sure this sentence is ok ... I'm french) ?

I have my BB since 4 days, and I don't see how a mobile can pain thumb ?
    07-18-08 05:06 AM
    My boss says its a myth-but BB thumb (as in getting a callus) is for real...she showed them to me
    07-18-08 11:58 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD