I have been coming to this site nearly everyday ever since I bought my first pearl quite a few years ago and, as a business management professional, I have always followed with interest both the Blackberry phenomenom (up and down) and the crackberry success story along with it.
    As of late, with great concern, I have been seeing a few symptoms of decay on the website, such as a decreasing number of daily articles, no activity during the weekend and, for the first time since I can remember no posts at all yesterday. I do not know the numbers, but it does not look very good to me.
    It will be hard not to use a Blackberry device, but it will be even worse losing you guys...
    Keep up the hard work!
    dylship and CDM76 like this.
    05-29-15 04:46 AM
    It's not as if there's an overwhelming amount of news that's entirely BlackBerry related coming out right now either. As devices get announced and closer to release there will be an uptick but this is the position that BlackBerry is in right now.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 04:51 AM
    Yup, I understand that, but there used to be more polls, contests, podcasts, nonsenses, unrelated posts... I am concerned about us losing interest and not bothering coming back
    05-29-15 05:12 AM
    I have heard that BlackBerry was dead, now Crackberry as well... we'll see...
    05-29-15 05:31 AM
    Quality. Not quantity as far as I'm concerned.

I'd rather have 3 posts per day but good ones.

You might have a point about thee site going down. When posts go up the "spammers" come out. We have them here too...they are called "Firsters"

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    RWB3325 likes this.
    05-29-15 05:37 AM
    Chen has clamped down on info, "leaks", so that would explain some of the slower news, but also BlackBerry isn't doing as much as it once did, especially in areas that consumers would care about. They are are more focused on getting the BlackBerry Experience out to the competition's devices, then making devices that the customers who have kept them afloat want right now. Chen's short term goal is getting customers to run Android and iOS on BES12, then get the BlackBerry Experience on them. Long term goal is just IoT, but just like when he was at Sybase, I don't think he or BlackBerry me really knows how they are part of that. Maybe we'll find out more at next call, but I doubt it.

Posted via Z30
    Z30Commission likes this.
    05-29-15 06:02 AM
    This site is just filled with trolls. Share a problem you are experiencing and they strike, easily drowning out any attempts of help and there seems to be no mods to regulate.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 07:04 AM
    This site is just filled with trolls. Share a problem you are experiencing and they strike, easily drowning out any attempts of help and there seems to be no mods to regulate.

Posted via CB10
    Or it is filled with customers of BlackBerry who feel abandoned by BlackBerry after all the support they have given by staying with the platform through the transition only to have development for the platform, and hardware division, sabotaged by the CEO. I'm still waiting for BlackBerry to show some loyalty to the customers like Chen said he was going to do.

Posted via Z30
    05-29-15 07:11 AM
    Or it is filled with customers of BlackBerry who feel abandoned by BlackBerry after all the support they have given by staying with the platform through the transition only to have development for the platform, and hardware division, sabotaged by the CEO. I'm still waiting for BlackBerry to show some loyalty to the customers like Chen said he was going to do.

Posted via Z30
    This site is not BlackBerry though, so venting here on threads solves nothing, helps no one. I use the term 'venting', but that's really not what I see.
    Some have even changed their device, but still come here to post comments that offer nothing. A mystery to me why they can't just move on.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 08:23 AM

Posted via Z30
    I don't think Chen has sabotaged anything. He said he's working on another app solution and he's bringing a slider. Those are both consumer-aimed initiatives. It's not his fault that carriers aren't carrying the devices but he has made deals so far with AT&T and TMOBILE and he's done what people have been asking for over the years......made unlocked devices available to all online. Now you can buy any device you want directly from BlackBerry.

Is the focus shifted more to Enterprise? Yes.

Is the consumer market abandoned? Clearly not.

Posted via CB10
    gokulesh and VictorRight like this.
    05-29-15 08:39 AM
    This site is not BlackBerry though, so venting here on threads solves nothing, helps no one. I use the term 'venting', but that's really not what I see.
    Some have even changed their device, but still come here to post comments that offer nothing. A mystery to me why they can't just move on.

Posted via CB10
    We should appreciate those altruistic humanists who sacrifice countless hours of their valuable time to drum into us how bad BlackBerry really is and/or will be in the future (if they last that long). Without these selfless good Samaritans looking after our welfare, we might merely enjoy and think of our phones as communication devices without giving it the kind of thought a phone really deserves...
    05-29-15 08:47 AM
    It's a skeleton crew and they do the best they can with the resources available.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 09:28 AM
    If the PreCentral/WebOSNation experience is any guide then the community will be around as long as there are devices out there to use. However, the discussion won't be as interesting with new devices on the horizon and no new users.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    05-29-15 10:23 AM
    You will not see or hear much about BlackBerry leak since Chen locked up the leak box just like an Apple. They'll leak only when the devices are getting close to ready for the public. So, I'd say the Slider leak will be around August/Sep 2015.
    05-29-15 10:52 AM
    We should appreciate those altruistic humanists who sacrifice countless hours of their valuable time to drum into us how bad BlackBerry really is and/or will be in the future (if they last that long). Without these selfless good Samaritans looking after our welfare, we might merely enjoy and think of our phones as communication devices without giving it the kind of thought a phone really deserves...
    LOL.

Sometimes you just gotta hop online to check out all the reasons why you should not be content.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 11:35 AM
    We should appreciate those altruistic humanists who sacrifice countless hours of their valuable time to drum into us how bad BlackBerry really is and/or will be in the future (if they last that long).
    Without the "altruistic humanists", Crackberry would be even deader than it is now. Back and forth debate generally generates a lot of discussion.

Blackberry/Crackberry is in its Golden Years.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    05-29-15 11:41 AM
    Believe it or not, when Kevin M was running CB, it was fun.. No hard feelings for Bla1ze!
    AcADIeN likes this.
    05-29-15 12:42 PM
    So are you saying that the denial of actual events such as those that began to occur to Blackberry/RIM in 2008 is starting to happen here?
    05-29-15 12:54 PM
    I hear apple sites have news all the time....things i have noticed.....phone bends, 8.1 issues, 8.2 issues, dont update to 8.3, watch doesnt work if you have a tat.....certain text messages reboot the phone...you know....minor stuff
    05-29-15 01:00 PM
    All the articles that come are well written and informative. Props to blaze.

But they're mainly about these apps and solutions or acquisitions that don't benefit me as a consumer. Besides soda pop coming out today.
    05-29-15 01:03 PM
    The news cycle has slowed since the Chen era began and general interest in BlackBerry has waned. It's understandable that there would be less content churned out on CB. All things considered, I think Bla1ze and crew are holding it together pretty well under the circumstances.
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    05-29-15 01:05 PM
    I think Bla1ze is doing a great job keeping everything together, since Mr Chen has put his eggs in the enterprise basket, there has been nothing exciting to talk about!!

What's really needed is something great to come out of Blackberry that will inspire the loyal users again!!

Maybe an all touch device with great specs or a joint venture with someone who can jump start the consumer interest again? Only time will tell!!!!
    milo53, 2ndHalfCor and Bbnivende like this.
    05-29-15 01:11 PM
    This is the 3th forum threath about this subject and yesterday I also saw one and it's not only the media keep repeating it but also users again and again.

It's like digging your own grave and lay in it to wait till somebody buried you for real

stop talking media wise and use a BlackBerry or another platform and move on.
    05-29-15 01:18 PM
    I really think that there is nothing to big coming to us on the consumer side, except for a bunch of pay to use services, which none of us really need, and as CrackBerry relies on us for them to survive well they go hand in hand, or CB will flip over and become more the BES side support and how to , Don't get me wrong I really enjoy CB I have a lot of fun on here with a lot of great people, But its a changing world for everyone, including BlackBerry and CB so only the future will let us know for sure.
    05-29-15 01:43 PM
    Believe it or not, when Kevin M was running CB, it was fun.. No hard feelings for Bla1ze!
    It was more fun here until you showed up.. No hard feelings agarwal.apar!
    Cynycl likes this.
    05-29-15 02:13 PM
46 12