Well I decided to buy Quicklaunch today. I used my debit card and in less than 24 hours there has been over $200 of charges to iTunes. WTF
    07-30-09 04:14 AM
    I seriously doubt that's the crackberry store/mobihand's doing. I would imagine they have better things to do than download music on your credit card.
    07-30-09 04:36 AM
    I've never had a problem from CB store or mobihand. You should look elsewhere for someone to blame for the misuse of your debit card.

Just because store X was the last place you used your card does not make them automatically guilty. It very well could have been compromised as LONG time ago and the guilty person(s) are just now wanting their music fix.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 04:48 AM
    the best thing to do is have your cc company investigate it and find out exactly where it came from.
    07-30-09 05:02 AM
    That is a little quick off the gun to accuse CB of being the guilty party. What sort of investigation did you do to come to this conclusion? How did you eliminate other possibilities? Be careful making broad unsupported slanderous statements with no proof. They can get you into hot water in a real big hurry.
    07-30-09 05:24 AM
    I have used the CB store 2 times and I haven't had that problem call you CC company and tell them what happened they may be able to tell you the location. Doubt its CB though.

07-30-09 05:36 AM
    That is a little quick off the gun to accuse CB of being the guilty party. What sort of investigation did you do to come to this conclusion? How did you eliminate other possibilities? Be careful making broad unsupported slanderous statements with no proof. They can get you into hot water in a real big hurry.
    Yeah, especially when you post the statements about the Company in their own Forums... Bad form! Like it has been said, call your credit card company and have them look into it for ya. Should get you the RIGHT answer pretty expeditiously.
    07-30-09 05:38 AM
    You didn't really provide much detail on how you explicitly know it was CB... Perhaps a coincidence on a compromised card?
    07-30-09 05:43 AM
    Well I decided to buy Quicklaunch today. I used my debit card and in less than 24 hours there has been over $200 of charges to iTunes. WTF

lilro, call your bank, you said you used your debit card, it may be a little hard to get the charges reversed since it is not a credit card, but I suspect it's not mobihand or crackberry that compromised your card.
    07-30-09 06:00 AM
    Handbags at dawn!

07-30-09 06:06 AM
    I have used Crackberry hundreds of times for purchases, and never had an issue. I agree with the others that you should do some research before pointing the finger. If it were me, I would be on the phone with the bank/card lender ASAP!
    07-30-09 06:14 AM
    hmmm....
    I've been using mobihand for a while and have many purchase,specifically through the cb store. NEVER had an issue. Even when I accidentally hit purchase more than once from my device, they only charged me once.

You might want to investigate elsewhere
    07-30-09 06:38 AM
    i have made hundreds of dollars worth of purchases over the years from CB and have NEVER once heard of this. I would think this was just bad luck.

Funny also how the OP didnt come back to post again or follow up.

Wonder if they have any kids that magically downloaded some stuff
    07-30-09 06:42 AM
    That is just some sad stuff. But like everyone else, I agree.

Also, use PayPal next time.

07-30-09 07:37 AM
    I highly doubt this was CB/Mobihand at fault, but if you have any concerns you can email [email protected] and I'm sure they can help you out.
    07-30-09 10:06 AM
    I think you need to be very careful with this type of allegation. I've bought several things from CrackBerry and found them to be EXCELLENT and HIGHLY PROFESSiONAL. I hardly think they have nothing else to do but use your credit card for iTunes.

Please do return here and post a retraction and an apology when you find out the real story. I can't possibly believe anyone at CrackBerry would do what you've accused them of.

07-30-09 10:58 AM
    I use my debit card all the time. Call your bank and they should launch a fraud investigation. I had someone order jewelry from ATL and cheap cigarettes from some company outside the US on mine in the past. Each time, the bank tracked it down, issued a new debit card, replaced the funds in my account, and waived any fees. I purchase from the CB store all the time(purchased a theme this morning) without any issues using my debit card. Good Luck.
    07-30-09 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD