9700/OS6/TMobile/USA

To Crackberry, when viewing Crackberry in mobile mode am I not seeing this,

01. the ability to find a link to submit an original post in forums?

02. The little magnifying glass icon which automatically appears in regular web view and lines up text in a neat column isn't functional at Crackberry mobile site?

03. Mobile is in the beginning of having fast and consistantly fast web, but still depends upon where you are, I'd like Crackberry to focus on a truly mobile friendly mobile site, for small screens like 9700, stripped of way excessive pictures, ads, and focus on speed of access to forums and articles and "column" view! I feel Crackberry is still focused on a mega bling website set up for PC's but could do better to focus on mobile website.

just my opinions.

To RIM, I will stick with my 9700 until you make available a Storm like phone with slide out keyboard running the new OS which will also be running on Playbook, and I will buy a Playbook too, BUT! only if you make them available on T-Mobile!!!!!!!!! larger screen on mobile, don't skimp on Playbook screen size either. Bring true flash to both so I can watch hulu or ABC.com full length TV. Sell to the end buyer and not the carrier and you'll have growth.

T-Mobile has been a good provider for me and I WILL NOT SWITCH CARRIERS FOR A PHONE MODEL!

just my opinions.
    Last edited by mawil1013; 12-16-10 at 07:38 AM.
    12-16-10 07:36 AM
    I don't know what to tell you on those except try m.crackberry.com, which does lack much of the graphics, etc that the regular site has. Not sure what the big deal is though, the full site loads great for me...
    12-16-10 08:37 AM
    I personally think the mobile site on crackberry is great. Atleast they have one. There are many sites that don't. You can always zoom in on your broswer, if you think it needs to be smaller and I don't know what you're talking about with all the extra pictures and ads and stuff. Unless you're talking about accessing the main site from your BB, at which point, of course that'll be flashy.

As for the Playbook, it'll be end-user friendly because there will be a WiFi only model which obviously won't be carrier based. Therefore the whole entire piece has to have that in mind, even the carrier specific device models.
    12-16-10 08:43 AM
    The bare bones way is to subscribe to the forums using an RSS Reader. No bling there. As for the New CB full website, it barely loads on my 9650; I have to use the mobile view. It was loading fine until they changed it. Maybe they will work that out though since it's Beta yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-10 09:18 AM
    It sounds like the op is not really usingt the WAP site. It couldn't be more bare bones. Op, clear your browser cache and make sure that you go to m.crackberry. There aren't any ads or or pictures (other than ones posted in threads) to slow things down. I personally use the mobile site more than the full site.

12-16-10 09:27 AM
    Make sure default browser is set to Blackberry. Use Column view, go to your browser config settings and uncheck support javascript, show images and background images. Speeds things up quite a bit.

12-16-10 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD