First official Resolution of 2014!

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...dition-889377/

Good thread. Some of the "suggested resolutions" are already on the to do list, so that's good. Others have been noted.

Keep them coming!
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    12-31-13 05:04 PM
    I wanna see more post from Crackberry Kevin this year. This place is not the same without him.

More Crackberry Kevin for 2014!

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry Guy likes this.
    12-31-13 05:45 PM
    This thread is on hold for renovation. Please stand by.
    12-31-13 06:45 PM
    All,

This thread seems to have strayed way off topic. The OP is looking for constructive suggestions for CB for 2014. Let's cut out the personal jibes and get back to the discussion.

Off topic comments (or posts with quoted off-topic comments) have been removed. No other actions required, as yet.

Carry on...
    12-31-13 06:54 PM
    I'd love to see blog posts simliar to the old BlackBerry 101 series on some of the topics that seem to re-occur here in great frequency ( and that often lead to more shall we say, animated, conversation). Security is one such topic. So much is thrown around the forums, and there are so many misconceptions floating around that it would be nice to have a central resource to refer to.
    Elite1 likes this.
    12-31-13 07:31 PM
    I like when the whole MN crew gets together and talks about things. I find it really interesting to hear the other MN leaders speak about platforms other than their #1. What about guest commentary on all the MN sites from the leaders of the other sites? Get Renee talking about BBM or Kevin talking about the newest Android tablet?
    12-31-13 07:40 PM
    I like when the whole MN crew gets together and talks about things. I find it really interesting to hear the other MN leaders speak about platforms other than their #1. What about guest commentary on all the MN sites from the leaders of the other sites? Get Renee talking about BBM or Kevin talking about the newest Android tablet?
    I like that idea. It's nice to get an "outsider's" opinion on things, yet have it be someone who's familiar with mobile.
    12-31-13 07:46 PM
    I like that idea. It's nice to get an "outsider's" opinion on things, yet have it be someone who's familiar with mobile.

the only issue with this, as we've all seen, people don't like to be told there are flaws with their platform.

Sent from my Yellow Nokia Lumia 1020
    rizdragon and sam81 like this.
    12-31-13 07:51 PM
    My resolution is to be part of the solution and not the problem! To focus on helping other CB members with their devices and answering their questions. I LOVE the Unanswered Threads list!!!!! And to always make new members feel welcome and a valued part of our community. To make all members feel valued!
    12-31-13 08:12 PM
    the only issue with this, as we've all seen, people don't like to be told there are flaws with their platform.

Sent from my Yellow Nokia Lumia 1020
    Perhaps, but at least this way they know these editors are from the same Mobile Nations family, and won't throw around the accusation of someone being paid, or trying to short the stock etc. And if they really want to feel better about their platform, they can always read what Kevin has to say about iOS, Android or Windows Phone.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-31-13 08:20 PM
    My wish is to have regional sites based on BlackBerry/CrackBerry as now the focus is outside of UK/USA/Canada, as I see it Chen is trying to reach SE Asia, Asia Pacific by outsourcing to Indonesia. Love to see BlackBerry come back fighting Chinese made Android like ZTE etc models with these devices coming out of Indonesia. If they can make 2GB of ram and 1.2 Ghz quad core affordable, so should BlackBerry.
    Ecm and pkcable like this.
    12-31-13 09:00 PM
    I'd like to see some guests on CrackBerry (and all of the other Mobile Nations family) podcasts. Perhaps Rene could get Leo Laporte to be guest, since Rene is on MacBreak Weekly. I believe Phil has also been a guest on other podcasts, so perhaps Phil could get someone to be a guest on the Android Central podcast. Maybe John P and Cali L from Talk Mobile 2013 could be CrackBerry podcast guests.
    12-31-13 11:38 PM
    I'd also like a way to filter out all of the PIN-sharing posts when searching new posts, like how it used to be. I remember when PIN-sharing and Storm Rants & Raves forums used to not appear in new post searches, and I liked that feature.
    Kris Simundson and rizdragon like this.
    12-31-13 11:51 PM
    Please get rid of those annoying ads that cause the screen to bounce down and up. (Yes, I'm sounding like an ***** to some of you, but I don't know the technical term for them.) They seem to be seasonal, thank goodness, and I realize all these ads are the way you guys make money to keep this place alive. However, the ones that cause the screen to dance around are extremely frustrating and, at least on my part, generate more negative feelings towards crackberry than positive ones. I hope that was diplomatic enough.

Thank you.
    Yes very annoying. Like an accordion. Heh. I just use a script blocker. I know the ads are designed and placed to generate mis-clicks. It works.

I for one would pay to subscribe yearly to crackberry if the pages were cleaner and easier to load in a browser. Ie. Ditch all the ad scripts if subscribed and logged in.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    BitPusher2600 likes this.
    01-01-14 01:46 AM
    Yes very annoying. Like an accordion. Heh. I just use a script blocker. I know the ads are designed and placed to generate mis-clicks. It works.

I for one would pay to subscribe yearly to crackberry if the pages were cleaner and easier to load in a browser. Ie. Ditch all the ad scripts if subscribed and logged in.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    Very excellent idea. I'd be in on that as well and I'm betting a small subscription cost like that would generate more direct revenue than all of these ad servers (which makes my browser crazy.)

There is one way to circumvent all of that blasted scripting and so on; use the CB10 app

Posted from BitPusher's Q10
    01-01-14 04:57 AM
    Many of us used Blackberry for a long time, including BB10. We have been lied to over and over. The facts, for us, are clear.

I would call myself (while others may choose a different word) very cautious. I am done being positive just because this is a fan site. Blackberry has a lot to prove before I ever buy another one of their devices (so why am I here, I know). I'll continue to come here through 2014 and see if anything changes, but cautiously. I disagree with the bashing of other capable platforms just to make Blackberry appear better. I will give Blackberry credit where credit is due.

Now pass the eggnog!

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    This post!

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 07:51 AM
    I'd love to see blog posts simliar to the old BlackBerry 101 series on some of the topics that seem to re-occur here in great frequency ( and that often lead to more shall we say, animated, conversation). Security is one such topic. So much is thrown around the forums, and there are so many misconceptions floating around that it would be nice to have a central resource to refer to.
    Yea I loved the BlackBerry 101 series.
    I think that's really important now that BB10 out because it's so different then anything else.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 10:53 AM
    All I would ask for is more informative articles about Blackberry and to try to get more info on future products. Beyond that Crackberry has been a God send along with the leak teams.
    01-01-14 12:32 PM
68 123