11-04-07 08:47 AM
- ok...the question of the day:
Verizon will unleash a whole new wave of first time blackberry owners with the new pearl 8130..
does anyone dispute this??
well...how long do you think these new blackberry owners will have their shiny new toys before they realize.."wow this phone does so much I have no idea the extent of its possible uses..." and "gee I wonder how I..." and they start looking on-line (after of course getting NO HELP from vzw customer service...sorry truth hurts) unitl they find themselves warmly embraced by the crackberry love?
I would bet a spare battery the number of new registered crackberry members spikes in the next 60-90 days...
cause if I can find you....11-03-07 11:10 AM
- CrackBerry KevinCrackBerry FounderLet's just say I hope you're right!
What we need to do is brainstorm a mass CrackBerry.com awareness campaign...
Just think..if every employee at each carrier outlet knew about CrackBerry.com and told every person who bought a new BlackBerry about the site...well...it wouldn't take long for the entire consumer BlackBerry population to end up here.
Ideas?11-03-07 11:59 AM
- Bla1zeEditor in Chiefevery blackberry call I take for AT&T, if the customer is an understanding customer and in need of more assistance then what I am allowed to give them, say with Opera or any other 3rd party apps, or if they just wanna know more about their device, they get directed here...I'm limited on "personal suggestions" I'm allowed to give, but if it helps them out..ya..crackberry.com it is....i've taken heat for it in the past but it don't matter to me, I'm resolving the customers issue with whatever means I have available to me...and crackberry.com is within everyone with an internet connections reach.
Last edited by Bla1ze; 11-03-07 at 12:05 PM.11-03-07 12:03 PM
I'm just one guy...
but if i meet anyone with even the slightest interest in blackberrys I point them here with
"Its the best blackberry site on the net...the people are friendly AND knowledgable...and somtimes they give stuff away.."
(i'm not a sore loser ask anyone...)
I don't know how you track membership numbers but does a 5-10% increase sound viable?11-03-07 12:17 PM
do you think the pearl will push other more serious business users to the blackberry? by way of example:
spouse one comes home with shiny new 'berry 8130
"look what I got honey..."
spouse two says "yeah its nice but I need a qwerty keyboard and no camera is allowed where i work..."
spouse one replies "well when I bought this at verizon they had another just like that called the 8830 world edition..."
spouse two buys the 8830 and the two of them learn how to pin each other on CRACKBERRY.COM !!
seriously...i think the verizon pearl will actually lure some people to bbs...
-db11-03-07 12:28 PM
- There is an increase in the amount of BB users i see out there. So far i today i saw a mom with the a pale gold curve like mine,2 young girls with BB Pearls,A couple..1 with a 8800 and the other with the pearl. There is also a girl who sits right next to me my English II class(In college) that is on her Pearl even during class. I also convinced my cousin's GF to get a Pearl and she cant get away from it.
Yeah soon BBs will be the new phone to beat. Screw Moto,any WM Device,Iphone...they got nothing on RIM.11-03-07 11:52 PM
- I have no idea what it's like inside US high street outlets that sell Blackberrys, but within Europe at least, the Blackberry still remains little known outside the corporate world - and largely only to early adopters, or gadget freaks.
I have never seen any form of large Blackberry display or poster inside a high-street shop, and never a large Blackberry advertising campaign. Within shops Blackberrys will typically be merely placed alongside the hundreds of other GSM phones from Ericsson, Nokia Samsung and the like. Perhaps Blackberry should work out a way of motivating shopkeepers to sell them, including some from of demonstration of/introduction to the features of the device?
Last edited by Berryman; 11-04-07 at 05:51 AM.11-04-07 05:47 AM
- <Raises hand>
I don't have a Blackberry yet, but know I am getting one in the near future, so I came here to learn as much as I can before I get it.
And after I get it, I know I am going to have many questions when I start discovering new and exciting things that I have never seen. And as said in previous posts, the only thing VZ Reps are going to be able to help me with is how to set up ring tones and use VZ Navigator.11-04-07 08:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD