I think this forum is basically geared to users over the pond (USA) so if I post a question I need to expect to allow between 4-8 hours before I may receive a reply. That�s ok � it may be past 3pm �here� whereas its only maybe 8am �there� and I doubt if many members are awake yet � let alone sitting at their puters reading every new post��BUT��..I am finding more often than not that I am talking to myself and asking a question that nobody even acknowledges, let alone gives an answer to days later - after my original post or follow up. If I follow up an answer to a question giving reasons why the answer is not working I am in limbo as nobody follows it up to help me further or bothers to answer me.

I like to ask a question, receive a reply. That's what this forum is all about ( I think) And I can subsequently report back that the reply worked so that my questions/answer can be considered as closed and sorted. That way new members can pick up on my question and see the answer before they have to ask the self same question all over again.

If a question of mine is answered but I still have problems and post back saying so then I receive NO other help or answers or advice� so, hundreds of members and nobody else steps in to try and help me? My problem is either a one off that nobody knows the answer to (I wish someone would post that) or everybody is waiting for someone else to post a reply (I wish they would post that) and so far I have 50% questions sorted that I have replied to and said that they were sorted, and 50% questions that I still cannot sort and say so and find total silence with no member trying to do a follow up or to help me in resolving my problem.

I�m a bit upset right now. I have questions that receive no replies and questions that receive help but when I post �your suggestion is not working� then I may as well be talking to myself as no member posts any help or advice�..meanwhile, there are a lot of blackberry help sites on the WWW and I find I get replies to all my questions and answers and a follow through to any problems whereas this forum only has members that post when they feel like doing so and nobody follows a question through to closure.

With this in mind I am leaving this forum and opting to other websites that do at least help any person with their problem until that person states that their problem is resolved. What is with you people? Do you only have time for fellow Americans? Do you not help those members from over the pond or in Europe or bother to reply to their posts or the mods mark a post as closed?Shame on the lot of you!

No point in replying to me as I won�t be back on this forum ever again to read your comments. But - you all are very Blackberry savvy. please do help and follow through innocent questions asked from new members and please don't ignore them. They joined needing help and advice and shame on the lot of you for not ensuring that the help and advice they asked for was either answered or often ignored and if answered was followed through to ensure that the new Blackberry user actually got their problem sorted.
    01-10-09 09:44 AM
    There are plenty of users from around the world here.

Good luck out there, sorry CB wasnt for you.
    01-10-09 09:47 AM
    I've never seen your other posts and remember it could just simply get buried with the flood of other threads being posted to and therefore overlooked. It could also just be that you are asking questions too difficult for most people on here to be able to offer assistance, and so do not say anything so they don't clutter the thread with useless words of "I don't know".

Sorry, you got little to no help, but again I only use the "new posts" link to browse the forum and never saw anything from you, so I'm sure others have the same results - just simply missed your threads.

edit: clicked on "find other posts" from you and only looked at a few. The one about the 9500 and video recording, sorry no clue. It could be a software or a hardware issue. The thread about SMS notifications - it depends on the carrier and is called "read receipt". I do not know anything about Vodafone. But, every one of your threads received some replies.
    Last edited by howie; 01-10-09 at 09:55 AM.
    01-10-09 09:48 AM
    good luck in your quest! even though you're not reading these replies

it does seem there are many users from all over the world on crackberry helping and getting help. this is the first post like this that i have read that states cb is not helpful.

but if something it not working for you it is best to find that which does!
    Last edited by chrisy520; 01-10-09 at 10:20 AM.
    01-10-09 09:49 AM
    Ive read thru three, and all three that I read, answers were given.

*shrugs*
    01-10-09 09:52 AM
    Have a good one...
    01-10-09 09:53 AM
    Sounds like someone needs to stay on that side of the atlantic...oh well more crackberry for us : )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 10:05 AM
    Hello everyone! I am new and recently purchased my storm 9500 and I can't praise this forum enough for the help and advice I have already read (and put into good practise on my new toy)
    I am a newbie and recently purchasing my BB storm I found the pdf set up instructions to be dismal. Thank heavens I found this forum! I have spent so much time reading posts and learning how to actually operate my bb - whether it is shortcuts or how to's or generally tweaking I have seen the questions and followed the replies and in consequence have changed by bb to my advantage.
    Hello apmcconv!
    Your first post and you chose to answer moi? I feel very humble! Your answer did the trick, thank you
    Ok I have fixed it and have done a backup. ...
    The OP got off to an excellent start, in the first couple of days he was registered, he appears to be satisfied with the quality of the reply posts.

Can I set my storm to notify me when a person opens an sms message? ...
    I tried to record a short video today and received an error message that it could not be saved. I was recording something outside in the garden from my lounge and through the lounge window. I tried again recording a video inside my home and this time received a message "The media being played is of an unsupported format"

I think I need to set the storm to save videos on my media card? I purchased a media card and fitted it into the storm and its showing as 3.8GB media memory but maybe after fitting it I should have formatted it or something? Can anyone help me as I can take/save photos but seemingly not save videos.
    These are the posts the member is referring too. The replies are sparse in both cases, but I have to admit, I don't know the answers to either of his questions.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 01-10-09 at 11:27 AM.
    01-10-09 10:23 AM
    Sounds like someone needs to stay on that side of the atlantic...oh well more crackberry for us : )

However, I can see where an educated British person would find the red neck American response less then helpful.

British and Americans, two peoples separated by a common language.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 01-10-09 at 11:28 AM.
    01-10-09 10:26 AM
    Yeah Reed......I was thinking that myself. I actually didnt see either of the last two threads. Well I wish them luck then.
    01-10-09 10:28 AM
    great research, Reed!

it looks like he did get help and appreciated the forums. i'm going to assume he's having an off day and will be back to stay!
    01-10-09 10:29 AM
    I try to help members of the site as much as I can, because there were times when members helped me when I was in a crunch. I have posted topics that have gone unoticed, but I assume no one has a solution for the problem. So I move on hoping one day a resolution will come. Members helping out only members from their fellow country is not true. Many members, like myself, post from our BlackBerry using the WAP forum. We're unable to see the member's profile that appears on a PC's browser.
    We wish you well. You claim you will not be back to read the replies to this post. Who are you kidding? After that long book report you just wrote, you'll be back. If not you would have left the site, deleted this forum's bookmark, and never looked back.

01-10-09 10:31 AM
    Sounds like a crackberry suicide if you ask me!!!
    01-10-09 10:31 AM
    Why the wall o' text? People come and go from forums all the time. I guess I don't understand the need for the "final post". Just find another forum that you like better. No shame in that. Now you just look whiny. It's a forum, not customer service.

Last edited by runbeerrun; 01-10-09 at 12:34 PM.
    01-10-09 12:32 PM
    *uses redneck voice*

Toodeloo, don't let that...them...there sichee-ation ruin yer pinion of Uh'mericans. Hope ya find better help abroad.
    01-10-09 12:54 PM
    I have to say complaining on a open forum on the internet that people aren't helping you fast enough is kind of silly and selfish. I always try to help when I can and usually everybody on this site does too. And its not our fault the majority of users on this particular site are from north America. If your from outside north America you might just have to be a bit more patient with your response. Or heck go to a forum that is geared towards your geographic area. But don't rip into is because we weren't fast enough for you.

01-10-09 01:04 PM
    I got 25 emails last night helping someone who emailed me. This post offends me LOL
    01-10-09 01:32 PM
    Obviously, the problem here is that he is not an American. Clearly, if he was from the US, all of his questions would be answered. I know that I refuse to post answers to questions when the words 'mate' or 'chap' or 'bloody' or 'fish and chips' are used by the OP.

Also, if you are American, when you pee in a public bathroom, other Americans applaud you when you finish. Sometimes a ceremonial plaque is given. Once in awhile, Dr. Phil is in attendance to present said plaque.

Did I mention that only Americans will pick up American hitchhikers out on the highways of the good ole US of A? That's right! If you are just visiting, keep your head and thumb down and expect a long walk. Also, do not use men's washrooms on highways, but that's for other reasons alltogether.

Interesting fact: Americans will let only fellow Americans pet their dogs. That way our dogs won't get rabies from foreigners. Foreigners are the number one cause of rabies for household pets and also responsible for the death of Jesus.

Thank you for visiting Crackberry, America... Enjoy your stay!

01-10-09 01:33 PM
    I see no point in continuing this thread.

Our differences are trivial, what does count is our need to stay connected.

We can't win them all. Thanks to the many that did contribute to a great initial experience for OP.
    01-10-09 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD