I have created a new IRC channel on irc.bcwireless.net

Channel is #crackberry

I am still setting things up but feel free. I will chat when I can and will be idling in it 24/7. Hopefully everyone will get stuck in.

If we get enough traffic I will be looking for other trustworthy people to help moderate the channel, but will see how it goes. Invite everyone you know, let's make it as great as these forums!!!!!!!

Enjoy.
    Last edited by swathe; 11-22-10 at 08:00 AM.
    ThomasWillNot likes this.
    11-22-10 07:57 AM
    I have created a new IRC channel on irc.bcwireless.net

Channel is #crackberry

I am still setting things up but feel free. I will chat when I can and will be idling in it 24/7. Hopefully everyone will get stuck in.

If we get enough traffic I will be looking for other trustworthy people to help moderate the channel, but will see how it goes. Invite everyone you know, let's make it as great as these forums!!!!!!!

Enjoy.
    Sounds good, I'm new with IRC and whatnot, but I'm used to forums and chat rooms so this should be a breeze.
    11-22-10 08:06 AM
    Others have tried in the past. I'll check you guys out when I get off work, our filewall blocks IRC.
    11-22-10 08:11 AM
    I'm new to IRC and am not sure how to access this. Is it a website? Should I be trying to access www.irc.bcwireless.net. Is this computer based or through our phones. I guess I need a bit of dumbing down so I can understand how it works.
    11-22-10 11:41 AM
    Will check you guys out, university blocks alot of these sites
    11-22-10 12:56 PM
    If I knew anyone was interested I currently run the official irc server for an online text based game. I would have made a channel on that server.
    11-22-10 01:14 PM
    If you pop in, try and stick around. I have access at work to so will do my best to chat it up with whoever comes in

To access it via the web, go to wwwdotmibbitdotcom and choose launch Mibbit Webchat.

Click the word server and a box called Sever address will drop down. In the box put

irc.bcwireless.net

Change the nick field to the name you want to use and in the channel box put #crackberry

Hit the go button and you should be in
    11-22-10 02:50 PM
    Shoot!!! Work's firewall is blocking this. I'll give it a try at home tonight.
    11-22-10 03:00 PM
    Yeah a lot of places block it sadly, look forward to seeing some of you in there. (I'm the sysadmin at work so I decide what gets blocked MUHAHA)
    11-22-10 03:08 PM
    Opera on the computer has a built in IRC client.

There are also some IRC clients for the BlackBerry, although ancient are still pretty functional.. but I can't remember their names.
    11-22-10 03:52 PM
    Chatzilla is an add-on fore Firefox also.

I run my client on a linux server at home so it's a little more complex. There is also xchat2 for windows, mIRC, Colloquay for mac.

jmIRC works on the blackberry but it's not that great.
    11-22-10 03:54 PM
    This channel is still going, come in!
    01-05-11 06:44 AM
    its dead haha
    05-20-13 04:33 AM
    Just to clarify for anyone wondering, this isn't "dead" as in "no one here to talk to right now" , but dead as in "the domain cannot resolve"!
    01-26-19 06:40 PM
    Wow...Talk about digging up and old thread.....
    01-26-19 08:51 PM
    Wow...Talk about digging up and old thread.....
    Better than making another.
    01-27-19 04:24 AM
    Any good app for irc?
    Thx
    01-27-19 04:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD