Ok before I get started EVERYTHING else I need is working on my CB. The MMS is working, the browser both native and mini opera I have operational. I have my facebook and my MySpace working and am able to uplpad pics to it. I have an AIM / Yahoo / MSN / ICQ working. I have my e-mail working with my g-mail account. I am still working on getting Bank of America app but I have not tried to get it yet.

Only thing that will not work is the F'in GPS.

I have installed and un installed the service books, tried to delete the 5 (something or other) service book, the exact name is not coming to me right now. I have also tried to remove the battery after the initial installation. Nothing. I have tried over three different apps and all say that they can not connect, even when I am standing in the middle of a open field on a clear day.

What am I missing? I have read over the forums and have done just about everything I have found. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by ronhero; 10-07-09 at 04:29 PM.
    10-07-09 03:11 AM
    Ok before I get started EVERYTHING else I need is working on my CB. The MMS is working, the browser both native and mini opera I have operational. I have my facebook and my MySpace working and am able to uplpad pics to it. I have an AIM / Yahoo / MSN / ICQ working. I have my e-mail working with my g-mail account. I am still working on getting Bank of America app but I have not tried to get it yet.

Only thing that will not work is the F'in GPS.

I have installed and un installed the service books, tried to delete the 5 (something or other) service book, the exact name is not coming to me right now. I have also tried to remove the battery after the initial installation. Nothing. I have tried over three different apps and all say that they can not connect, even when I am standing in the middle of a open field on a clear day.

What am I missing? I have read over the forums and have done just about everything I have found. Any help would be much appreciated.
    What service books did you delete?
    Are you trying to use GPS with BBMaps, Google Maps, etc? List the apps?
    Im sure you have GPS set to Location On and aiding enabled?
    What OS are you running?
    Check your device and make sure you have the gps cod files as well as check your java file in your OS loader file
    10-07-09 04:00 AM
    What service books did you delete?
    5 click ipppp service book was removed

Are you trying to use GPS with BBMaps, Google Maps, etc? List the apps?
    Tried BB Maps, google maps and amAze and none of them will make a lock. I also can't get a lock on the main BB advanced menu with my coordinates

Im sure you have GPS set to Location On and aiding enabled?
    In the event I am that dumb how do I double check that?

What OS are you running?
    V4.6.1.204 (Platform 3.0.0.73)

Check your device and make sure you have the gps cod files as well as check your java file in your OS loader file
    Can you go into a little more detail on this one?
    10-07-09 01:58 PM
    5 click ipppp service book was removed

Tried BB Maps, google maps and amAze and none of them will make a lock. I also can't get a lock on the main BB advanced menu with my coordinates

In the event I am that dumb how do I double check that?

V4.6.1.204 (Platform 3.0.0.73)

Can you go into a little more detail on this one?
    Why did you delete those service books?

Options>Advanced>Applications>Menu>Modules

Look for: net_rim_bb_geolocationagent.cod
    net_rim_bb_globalsearch_app.cod
    net_rim_bb_gps_ee.cod

Also look for these in your OS file
    C:>Program Files>Common Files>Research In Motion>Shared>Loader Files>Select the OS file on your Device and see if those files are in the java folder

Resend your service books to get the books you deleted back, i dont think it was necessary to delete those.
    10-07-09 03:15 PM
    he has modified service books. BOOST Mobile doe not support the 8350i
    10-07-09 04:26 PM
    I have net_rim_bb_globalsearch_app.cod

But do NOT have

net_rim_bb_geolocationagent.cod
    net_rim_bb_gps_ee.cod

How do I get these two .cod files

I reloaded my service books and still do not have them
    10-07-09 04:28 PM
    I am working on the Boot network and am told that GPS can work but you need to work around some things.

Like I said I have worked around everything except the GPS which would be nice to have
    10-07-09 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD