A few more photos of RIM's next keyboard-equipped BlackBerry leaked out today.
    The phone will run BlackBerry 10, the new mobile operating system from RIM that will formally launch on Jan. 30.
    Now take a look at some of the comments on CrackBerry, a site dedicated to RIM news and full of readers who love BlackBerry. The reception of the leaked keyboard BB10 phone isn't so good. Out of the ~300 comments posted so far, there's a lot of negativity mixed in.
    Here are three examples that we cleaned up for grammar, spelling, profanity, etc.:

"This has to be the worst possible design for a combination touch-screen and physical keyboard smartphone. Why is Research In Motion shooting themselves in the foot yet again? The screen size makes any touch-screen interface functionality an exercise in frustration. The BlackBerry Z10 (Zero) with a slider keyboard makes more sense from an aesthetics and usability perspective. Not impressed."

"I am extremely disappointed with this phone. At this rate I'd rather go with the Z10 or stay with my 9900. That screen just looks wrong for some reason and don't get me started on the back! I hope this isn't the final model, but in any case I'll only be able to properly judge it when it's in my hands."

"I'm a proud Bold 9900 user and I knew this resolution was 720x720, meaning it was only going to increase in screen size with the trackpad and call buttons removed. I don't like it at all. Too much wasted space at the top. 9900/9930 users would not feel like they've upgraded with this phone despite the OS. Ill be getting the Z10 version until they drop another QWERTY version with taller screen. Plus the phone itself looks small like a curve! What? No thanks."

We point this out because BlackBerry fans have had very positive things to say about all these BB10 leaks until now. It seems like most are more excited for the touchscreen-only model as opposed to the one with the keyboard.
    It's also important to note that this is just a leak. There's no guarantee that the final version of the keyboard-equipped BB10 phone will look like the one in the photo. And some people are saying this is just a test device given to developers, not the device consumers will get next year.

http://www.businessinsider.com/even-...-phone-2012-12

Read more: Even Die-Hard BlackBerry Fans Don't Like The New Keyboard Phone - Business Insider
    12-30-12 07:14 PM
    I was looking forward to the N-series, the straight keyboard and the UI ruined it for me.
    12-30-12 07:17 PM
    'Even SOME Die-Hard BlackBerry Fans Don't Like The New DEVELOPER Keyboard Phone'

Why didn't they steal a few quotes from the fans who like it? Well, I suppose we all know why.

Let's all wait and see the final product a couple months from now.
    Last edited by pmccartney; 12-30-12 at 08:00 PM. Reason: added DEVELOPER
    12-30-12 07:23 PM
    oh how we love shining the spot light on the negative....
    Masahiro likes this.
    12-30-12 07:26 PM
    oh how we love shining the spot light on the negative....
    The intent was to shine spotlight on the site. I was surprised to see an article created based on comments from this site.
    12-30-12 07:29 PM
    if you look thru the blog post that they pulled the comments from its hard to find people that DID really like it. At this point most of the comments showed dislike. I agree they could have found a couple comments that were positive but it would go against what they are talking about in the article. What they wrote falls inline with what we see in threads in the forums too. RIM still has work left for the x10 thats for sure.
    just_luc likes this.
    12-30-12 07:30 PM
    Missleading once again, but if they didn't they would have to admit the true excitment for BB10.
    Everyone is waiting on the OS first and the hardware second. Then the full touch and after that the qwerty.
    How many posible qwerty designs can there be. I showed both my mother and sister the 2 phones yesterday. both are current Bold 9900 users. Both will be getting the X10 even after I said I was interested in the Z10 for all the various reasons. They like it and won't be without their qwerty keyboard. That phone is all about the keyboard incase this article missed it!
    its hard to determine how the X10 is going to feel in the hand and I suspect thats why it got some negative comments here+ we still have a good % of haters here that jumped on it for their belief its not innovative enough! and currently they are at a lose for BB items to jump on!
    I believe the X10 will be a big seller. N4BB did a poll yesterday regarding witch device of the 2 will you buy. 49/51 split when I voted!
    Take the 9900 and only use the bottom 2 rows of keys, thats how I suspect the X10 will feel to use. Easy and intuitive just like the 9900. But people worry big over small things.
    How many of the negative posters even have a 9900???
    12-30-12 07:42 PM
    After already have gone through the peaks and valleys with the L I just don't understand the rationale behind most of the negative comments.
    12-30-12 07:43 PM
    This is what it should have been, if I speak honestly... really was expecting a taller screen. The OS will still work but, it could have been at least 3.5 inches...

Crackberry Comments on Business Insider regarding N series-tk5_justice_2allviews.jpg
    12-30-12 07:47 PM
    In the mobile world hard keyboard phones are a minority to begin with. I think the percentage is around 10%. I'm glad RIM is bringing a full screen phone out first. As for the overall design of the new X10 I think it's boring. They also shouldn't have messed with the best keyboard layout a BB has ever had. There's always the hope that the leak is not the phone that will be released. The leaks were pretty wrong with the L series phone so I take it with a lump of salt.
    12-30-12 07:49 PM
    Basicly they dug deep to find whats squwed information anyway!
    12-30-12 07:49 PM
    Shot on the foot.
    12-30-12 07:55 PM
    We point this out because BlackBerry fans have had very positive things to say about all these BB10 leaks until now. It seems like most are more excited for the touchscreen-only model as opposed to the one with the keyboard.
    Wrong. There's always a couple of people whining about minor cosmetic issues on the L-series threads as well...
    Toodeurep likes this.
    12-30-12 08:09 PM
    if you look thru the blog post that they pulled the comments from its hard to find people that DID really like it. At this point most of the comments showed dislike. I agree they could have found a couple comments that were positive but it would go against what they are talking about in the article. What they wrote falls inline with what we see in threads in the forums too. RIM still has work left for the x10 thats for sure.
    I have to agree here.. I am a die hard Blackberry supporter, but I was one of those negative comments.. based on what I've seen so far, I just don't like this device. I'm all in for BB10, but if this is what the keyboard version looks like on launch day.. I'm going for the touch device despite being a full qwerty user for years... call it ugly, call it whatever you like.. it's just way similar to my 9900.. and don't get me wrong, I love my 9900.. but I'm not shelling out 599 on a new device so all the ifans can tell me it looks the same as my old one. I want something new! Now if it looks like the TK justice..decision made. Please take my money.
    12-30-12 08:12 PM
    I'm sorry but I think the X10 looks horrible. It reminds me of an old Nokia keyboard phone from way back. I'm a die hard BB guy but this is terrible. No trackpad either? What the heck is RIM doing here. They would be well advised to keep the design of the 9900 with new hardware and release that with BB10.2
    12-30-12 08:21 PM
    I could deal with everything bad about that phone besides that hideous back panel...that just ruined it for me
    12-30-12 08:22 PM
    I think both devices look excellent. The all touch device doesn't really scream BlackBerry like the physical keyboard device does. It just doesn't stand out in a crowd IMO. And as far as a lot of negative comments go, well that is just Crackberry's most vocal posters and they represent a very small portion of the individuals that will pick up a BB10 device.
    12-30-12 08:23 PM
    peopel overreacting as usual poor want everything now culture of modern times.Its a dev device still in evaluation process calm the F down people RIM will deliver.
    peter9477 likes this.
    12-30-12 08:33 PM
    Missleading once again, but if they didn't they would have to admit the true excitment for BB10.
    Everyone is waiting on the OS first and the hardware second. Then the full touch and after that the qwerty.
    How many posible qwerty designs can there be. I showed both my mother and sister the 2 phones yesterday. both are current Bold 9900 users. Both will be getting the X10 even after I said I was interested in the Z10 for all the various reasons. They like it and won't be without their qwerty keyboard. That phone is all about the keyboard incase this article missed it!
    its hard to determine how the X10 is going to feel in the hand and I suspect thats why it got some negative comments here+ we still have a good % of haters here that jumped on it for their belief its not innovative enough! and currently they are at a lose for BB items to jump on!
    I believe the X10 will be a big seller. N4BB did a poll yesterday regarding witch device of the 2 will you buy. 49/51 split when I voted!
    Take the 9900 and only use the bottom 2 rows of keys, thats how I suspect the X10 will feel to use. Easy and intuitive just like the 9900. But people worry big over small things.
    How many of the negative posters even have a 9900???
    and on a poll here its nowhere close

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...vs-x10-760060/

the n4bb poll is also now 60/40 for l series
    12-30-12 08:35 PM
    After already have gone through the peaks and valleys with the L I just don't understand the rationale behind most of the negative comments.
    Agreed. CB is becoming a hot source for RIM detractors. This should be the last place in the world that negative vibes should be originating. If you don't like it don't buy it and save the input for the next generation of models.

I hope Kevin has a few comments,
    12-30-12 08:48 PM
    and on a poll here its nowhere close

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...vs-x10-760060/

the n4bb poll is also now 60/40 for l series
    Cool, thanks for the update. Now you put the two together and you get close to what is suspected by RIM, 3/1
    12-30-12 08:52 PM
    i don't see a problem with the leaked N series, the device is still functional, its no different then the L series just has a shorter screen and a straight keyboard, the 9900 pretty much straightens out as it gets closer to the bottom and is curved at the top. you people just have all this built up expectations and when they aren't be met you throw out dumb comments like "its the worst possible design for a touch screen and QWERTY".what differnce does it make, how its designed, it has a shorter screen and you have to scroll down more, thats really the onyl difference between this and the L series, i don't get why people think that a smaller screen means that everything is smaller
    12-30-12 09:05 PM
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”

Abraham Lincoln
    Last edited by Bob80220; 12-30-12 at 09:45 PM.
    12-30-12 09:14 PM
    ^ Man, I wish you would have tossed in a couple of commas there
    12-30-12 09:35 PM
    ^ Man, I wish you would have tossed in a couple of commas there
    Done...
    pmccartney likes this.
    12-30-12 09:48 PM
51 123