It would be great to have a Thunder!!!
    07-09-08 03:58 PM
    I actually just got my first Blackberry (Curve) and had had the HTC Touch before this. I did quite like Windows Mobile (yeah yeah, it has it's issues, and a LOT of people seem to hate it on these forums, but I thought it looked pretty good and ran things fairly smoothly). Also loved the Touch, but it was a taaad slow.

Anwyay, I really like my new Curve but had read about the Bold shortly before I started my new job and needed to get a Blackberry right away (otherwise might have waited). I think the Bold looks great and is a perfect follow up to the Curve. It looks very sleek, and the screen is one of the nicest on a phone of this type (keyboard screen setup). The UI pics that I've seen so far look promising, and I'm very excited about a browser upgrade.

The one thing I've been a little less than thrilled with on the Blackberry is the browsing. Websites don't look so hot, and I think they could make the emails look a bit more polished. Functionally though, this Curve is quite the beast when it comes to work. I have three email accounts, and my business mail gets to my Curve before it gets to my computer. Automatic linking to Outlook is wonderful, and overall, I'm getting used to the UI. Quite a change from Windows Mobile though.

Now onto the Thunder... I'd heard rumors of this bad boy when I heard about the Bold but wasn't sure if it was legit. Then I saw pics and confirmation. I have to say... I'm in love. I've always been a fan of the iphone for what it is. I never wanted one because I think it's less customizable than it should be and doesn't have some of the features for work that I'd like. However, I do think it is a beautiful phone for the everyday user. I've played with a couple, and Apple definitely put their stamp on it. They are wonderful for media and browsing. A couple novel features too that are quite neat.

Anyway, that being said, I still don't want one until they can do all the business stuff, have a legit camera for a media phone, and are as customizable as a Windows Mobile phone/Blackberry (also, removable battery?). I have absolutely no problem with typing on a touch screen. The only time it's an issue is in the car, but hey, you shouldn't be doing that anyway... And honestly, the qwerty keyboard isn't so great for the car either. The best for a car for me is still the regular old number pad.

Anyway, I'm totally excited about a Blackberry with a huge touch screen (I think it's the huge screen that still really gets me about touchscreens. They're just so darn shiny and colorful!) And it's supposed to have an upgraded camera. The rumored hepatic capabilities don't matter much to me, but hey, could be cool.

So, looooooooong story short (this is why I never ever post on forums... too chatty) I want a Thunder and I want one now. It could turn out to be a huge disappointment, but if that's the case, I'll gladly fall back on the Bold. Yum! Go RIM!

*Forgot to add that if the Thunder truly is coming out on Verizon... I'm screwed = ( Sad day. So, until they change that one, I suppose I'll be headed for a Bold = )
    Last edited by bort84; 07-09-08 at 04:02 PM.
    07-09-08 03:58 PM
    this is a great contest idea, winning this contest would make my year, no joke, i cant wait for the bold to come out, but im also very excited to see the thunder and kickstart,,, i hope i win this thing
    07-09-08 03:59 PM
    Count me in.
    07-09-08 04:02 PM
    I thought the 850 was the ****. I need a Bold so I can be the ****.
    07-09-08 04:02 PM
    ooh fun prize yay :-) XD
    07-09-08 04:05 PM
    i'd take a thunder over iphone anyday
    07-09-08 04:08 PM
    bold is great.. thunder needs a lot of work...
    07-09-08 04:14 PM
    Entry #5480 w00t!

My curve is nice, but i think the bold would look a lot more sleeker in my hands!!
    07-09-08 04:16 PM
    I really do hope the Thunder does come to Verizon as I am excited about that BB. I must also say that I love crackberry.com. Never thought I'd become a berryaddict.
    07-09-08 04:17 PM
    Well my T-moblie contract was up after 2 more years with them, and i decided it was time to ditch the Hot Pink Razr. I happened to go to lunch with my girlfriend friday july 4th and next door was a T-mobile store, we stopped in and just a little while later we were picking out phones(we share plan.) All i knew was i wanted data and i didn't like the sidekick, so i saw the blackberry 8320 and played with it for a minute and said wtf i'll take this one. My girlfriend ended up picking out a purple crazr or whatever the new smaller motorola phone is as she didn't want to pay the additional $20 a month for data on her phone too. I didn't realize how much of a community just owning a blackberry is when purchasing the phone. The guy who sold me the phone didn't have one but printed me out a list of sites to view (crackberry being one of them) i played with it that night, then went back to the store the next day to change our phone plan (as we couldn't when we bought the phone as it was 4th of july and customer service was closed) and the guy who ended up helping me was the guy who made the list of sites, after showing me a few more things and setting me up on opera mini for it as well i was on my way. I never thought i would like a phone this much! this thing is simply awesome, i can't help but play with it constantly and the battery life is amazing. well needless to say I'm glad there is a 14 day return policy cause my girlfriend after playing with her phone, then seeing me play with mine and then me letting her play with my BB, we are returning her phone this week to grab her a BB curve as well, lol.

-The Nameless One
    07-09-08 04:17 PM
    in for touchscreen blackberry. curious to see how it works out
    07-09-08 04:21 PM
    Awesome I'm in.

Idealistically and in a perfect world I'm most excited for that Thunder! But after the recent post about it I hope RIM can fix it and make it THE iPhone killer.

after that, it's definitely that Bold..mmm.. I want.
    07-09-08 04:22 PM
    I love my Curve, too. But can't wait to have a BOLD in my hands.
    07-09-08 04:22 PM
    I'm in!!! I sure could use a new BB! I'm still using the 7520. Good Luck!
    07-09-08 04:26 PM
    Gimme, gimme! I'm waiting 'till fall (hopefully) when the Bold comes out with Verizon.
    07-09-08 04:27 PM
    for a thunder.

thanks
    07-09-08 04:28 PM
    Woot wooot I just need a new bb! Don't care what it is haha. Cuz no matter what rim does its gonna be the s*** u know!
    07-09-08 04:31 PM
    im in too
    07-09-08 04:31 PM
    yep ! put me down for a BOLD
    07-09-08 04:33 PM
    Looking for some thunder to go with my lightning
    07-09-08 04:35 PM
    I wan the bold!
    07-09-08 04:36 PM
    I roll with the Pearl at the moment. It's my first BB and I don't know how I operated without one before. Looking to the Bold and all it's features. Nothing wrong with the pearl. I like the small size along with an Otterbox to protect it with. I work for an Enviromental Co. so things tend to get inside of phones. Need bigger keys and memory though.
    07-09-08 04:36 PM
    Yes Sir, Put me down for a bold as well LOL....
    07-09-08 04:37 PM
    I am a Treo convert and have not looked back. Stability, innovation, modern os the list goes on and on. I cannot wait for the Thunder, that would be my choice. In fact, when it comes out, does anyone want a slightly abused Verizon Curve 8330? Thanks Crackberry for such a great resource of information!
    07-09-08 04:37 PM
6,501 ... 217218219220221 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";