You really do not realize how badly you are addicted to your Crackberry until you lose it. Yes, I did the unthinkable at work yesterday. I had my head in the clouds while walking from my office building to another building on campus and managed to lose my Pearl. When I got to the data center on the fourth floor of the building I was going to I patted my waist out of habit to make sure my Pearl was firmly clipped to my belt. Much to my surprise it was no where to be found.

I work at a college campus with 11000 students plus faculty and staff so I am sure someone found it. I had hoped that within several hours someone would turn it in to public safety but that never happened. Then again the campus is wide open to the public and someone else could have just as easily picked it up and had a blast with it never intending to find the rightful owner. I now wish that I had locked the keypad with a personal password but I did not. Luckily for me I did have insurance on the unit and now I am happily reconfiguring the unit. I was so blessed to have won the otterbox crackberry case for my pearl during the 12 days of christmas so I will be using that to secure my new phone. That case is much bulkier than the Blackberry case that I was using so hopefully I can keep track of that. LOL...
    01-26-08 11:19 AM
    There is an application that allows you to track your BB via it's inherit GPS. BlackBerry Tracker is the name of it. I haven't used it yet, but it's free. You may want to check it out, however I'm not sure if your phone has GPS built into it. Send me a pm if you try it out!
    01-27-08 12:27 PM
    Damn, that sucks. Sorry to hear about your loss. I didn't believe the addiction stuff at first either... But I learned after the first week or so!

At least you had the insurance, so the monetary loss idnt too great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-08 01:20 PM
    There is an application that allows you to track your BB via it's inherit GPS. BlackBerry Tracker is the name of it. I haven't used it yet, but it's free. You may want to check it out, however I'm not sure if your phone has GPS built into it. Send me a pm if you try it out!
    Unfortunately this is an 8100 Pearl with no gps. One of the more experienced BES admins at work told me that i should be able to call RIM and give them the PIN number and have it locked down so no one can use it. Then again I dont really remember what the old PIN number was. I never wrote it down anywhere. Oh well, live and learn.
    01-31-08 09:41 PM
    Damn, that sucks. Sorry to hear about your loss. I didn't believe the addiction stuff at first either... But I learned after the first week or so!

At least you had the insurance, so the monetary loss idnt too great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Even with insurance I still had to cough up 125.00 to replace it PLUS another 29.00 to replace the micro sd card I lost. I also lost the nice leather BB case that I bought for it. Luckily for me I won one of the Otterbox cases during the 12 days of Christmas which came in one day before I lost my BB.

The otterbox for the pearl is a very functional case however it does not do much for the looks of the pearl. One of the nice things about the otterbox case is that it is very rugged and has an awesome belt clip that the case fits snugly into. You could pick me up and shake me upside down and that case will go nowhere. For that I am willing to give up how sexy and sleek it might look in the other case.
    01-31-08 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD