1. I have a Q about UMA. Say I am in a place where there's poor Tmobile network coverage but I have a strong wifi connection. Will connecting to that network and making calls over UMA improve my call quality/strength and make-up for the poor network coverage?
2. Say I am abroad and want to make calls to the US only via UMA, do I have to switch off the mobile network and just keep wifi on or do I select the option "wifi preferred" in my settings and that does the job?
A third question: If I am on a wifi network but I do not have a data plan, can I still browse the internet w/o being charged for data usage as long as I'm connected to wifi?
1. yes, the wifi will give you better call strength.
2. i'm not sure if the wifi will allow you to make international calls for free or if you need to get an add-on from TMo
3. I think you can browse. I've never tried it.
I believe there are posts around the forum that would be of better help than me.
CrackBerry is in no way Affiliated with BlackBerry. We take pride in our unbiased content, however do occasionally receive free products from vendors that we review or discuss. For more info click here.