Hi I'm new here and to Blackberry and have a couple of different questions about my BB Curve 8320 (AT&T). I Just got this from a friend and I am currently using a Razr V3(AT&T) Question 1 is can I put the sim chip from my razr into the BB and use it? I have no text and no internet on my plan and wish to keep it that way for right now, does using a BB automatically add any charges to your AT&T plan?

Question 2 I can't seem to connect to my WiFi connection, do I have to have my sim chip inserted to get on my home WiFi connection? Or am I just missing something?

3. Where do I find this BlackBerry Desktop Manager software?

thanks!
    04-18-10 02:55 PM
    1. Yes. AT&T will require you to add a data plan, however.

2. Nope. The 8320 has WiFi. Have you checked your browser settings?

3. Google is your friend. BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry Software at BlackBerry.com
    04-18-10 03:10 PM
    ahhh thanks so much! I figured they would require a plan, so I won't be using this as a phone but just to have as a WiFi browser if I can get it to work lol
    04-18-10 03:12 PM
    everytime I try to use the browser through my WiFi it says unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. Dunno what is going on with that?
    04-18-10 03:16 PM
    04-18-10 03:21 PM
    well...does ur plan include internet
    04-18-10 03:43 PM
    no I will not be using this as a phone, just as a wifi browser. I watched the wifi help videos and still not letting me connect through wifi. It fails to obtain an IP address, I have my router set to open connection with no passwords, so I dunno what is going on here
    04-18-10 03:51 PM
    hmmm interestin
    if u hav ya wifi active on your BB and ya router set to open wit no security, should work. is ya router set to dhcp???
    do u think its a website issue?? try loadin up a different site on your BB browser.
    or u can try enterin an IP manually......jus go to the wifi connection in question, press menu then edit, and uncheck box that says automatically optain IP, then u should b able to put in wat ever IP u want.
    try n see if any works for u .
    04-19-10 01:47 PM
    yea I'm still having issues, I've got it all setup and it says I'm connected but can't keep my IP address for some reason? like in the WiFi connections screen I have a Yellow circle with a Minus (-) in it
    04-19-10 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD