First one is when i insert my BlackBerry User Tools CD into my computer and open it, all i get is a blank window that says BB User Tools but other than that its just a black grayish window. Is there a reason theres nothing on it

Secondly, when i hook my phone up to the computer via USB cable, itll let me open the media card but i can ONLY access a videos folder, which i have none of. What can i do so i can gain full access to whats on my phone through my computer whether its pics, vids or anything else i can get into.

I have Tour 9630

Any help on this guys???
    Last edited by CumminsCrazed; 11-30-09 at 03:27 PM.
    11-30-09 03:25 PM
    you need to download the desktop manager to be able to back up the phone, etc. and to access your media card make sure mass storage mode is on.
    11-30-09 03:36 PM
    Mass Storage Mode lets you drag and drop files to/from your computer to your BlackBerry Media Card. You enable it as follows:

Options / Media Card
    Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: your choice
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

Plug the BlackBerry into a USB port, answer Yes to the prompt, and the BlackBerry Media card will show up as a disk drive in My Computer. Then you can drag and drop.
    11-30-09 03:42 PM
    The BlackBerry Tool CD is a bit of a mystery. I discovered I could make it work by manualy running the setup after selected "Run as Administrator".

If you do manage to install it, the first thing it will do is check for upgrades and suggest you download an install them. You can save yourself a couple steps by doing that now.

When you connect to the USB port, your computer sees the content of your Media Card, not your device memory. That is where you will save media files using the file manager in your computer.
    11-30-09 03:46 PM
    ok i got it JeffH thank you

Reed...im still confused about the tools CD.
    11-30-09 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD