I am an avid BB user and fan.

Used BB for years now.

We have 3 playbooks and 3 mobiles in my house, 9860, 9790 and a trusty 9000.

Love them. And when my 4 year old is capable she'll get one. Or could I just shufle the phones down one as an excuse to also have a 9900?

Well you get the idea.

Two things happened to me this week that really hit home with the back drop of all the anti RIM publicity etc.

1. Went into a 3 store to get that 9900 I just joked about. The salesman did everything but sell it to me. Bad software, old, screen issues etc. He tried to push me to the Samsung S3.

2. A good friend of mine who was hardcore BB had a new S3 and converted their work place to Samsung.

Horrified at both of course.

But......

If you multiply that salesman by lots and selling to the masses, not hard to see why sales are down. I'd say it's common enough in the UK.

Then having had a play on the S3, I found it nigh on impossible to fault. I would never admit that of course and picked every hole I could find. But when a phone has a sensor that knows if you are even looking a it, it's not easy! And have to admit it was an impressive device.

Now I'm looking at my 9860 and it does feel dated.

When the masses buy a phone, the current BB7 OS and devices just do not impress them.

BB10 needs to come out urgently.

First time I'm actually worried, as I have simply been reading in here all the pro BB stuff and not seeing the glazed, Samsungified/Appled populace bypassing the beloved BB and homing in on the central display panel (with little or no BB presence), to buy anything but BB.

Seriously, BB10 needs to be here now and be bloody awesome. Simple as that.

I feel the glaze coming on................
    07-17-12 03:31 PM
    Compared to the SG3 BBOS7 phones ARE! dated

They launched almost a 1 year ago in Canada, I believe I got my 9900 on August 9th(?)
    RIM's delay is certainly costing them customers, but I DO agree with the Executives statements that RIM has 1 chance to do it right, and if the delay is because they need to remove some of the seams, I'll hold onto my OS7 devices longer, people change phones all the time, Apple might have the highest device loyalty but even that can be a fickle group if something else exciting comes along,

I wish I wasn't waiting till CQ12013 but I sure hope it is going to be worth the wait, in the mean times, people should play with other devices if they have the extra money, why not?
    can always throw a BlackBerry on a prepaid plan or low cost plan for BBM
    kbz1960 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    07-17-12 03:46 PM
    Many retailers in the UK are still selling the blackberry 8520!
    Bilaal and JayR2010 like this.
    07-17-12 04:08 PM
    Really? Does that put us in the 'up and coming markets' where rim are gaining sales?

Crushed.
    07-17-12 04:18 PM
    I understand that the model is highly popular with parents looking for the cheapest possible way to get access to bbm for their off-spring. When I recently got my niece a curve I splashed out and get one made in this decade!

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    07-17-12 04:25 PM
    Well at least people are buying into bbm which keeps it all alive.

Until their mates show them their low end phones that do it all.

I miss the days where bb was exclusive and a touch elitist.
    07-17-12 04:28 PM
    In the UK, it's sad to say that teens (I'm 19 too, so I would know) don't know s**t about OS 7.
    You will actually find people trying to compare an 8520 or even a 9700 to an SII and it's ridiculous. And then trying to explain to an iPhone fan boy or an Android fan (I actually like Android fans, I'm using an SII right now until BB10)

The 9900 is RIM's flagship phone and whilst it hasn't got the same reputation a SII or an SII and an iPhone has, it still holds up well in terms of ACTUALLY communicating with one another.

If only RIM released OS 7 a year earlier and we had BB10 out this Summer....
    07-17-12 06:20 PM
    in uk even though blackberry is the rage here they have not got a clue about them as bilaal said, people compare ther 9300 to my 9900 its soo stupid and they think os6 is os7 just because they have them panels unlike os5! someone even said to me that os5 is the best

ther is one thing in uk people are intrested in...apps apps apps games games games.

device build,call quality and how reliable they are dont mean anything anymore.
    07-17-12 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD